Menu

Need a recipe for Tilapia filets, please.

We like this one:

1.5 lbs tilapia filets

1/2 tsp chopped garlic (1 clove)

1.2 dry white wine (if you have an aversion to wine, you can sub. chicken broth or white grape juice)

1 Tbs lime juice (about 1/4 lime)

1 Tbs olive oil

1/2 C flour

salt and pepper to taste

1 tsp butter

2 scallions, chopped

Rinse fish and pat dry.

Combine garlic, wine, lime juice--set aside

In a large non-stick skillet (which I don't have, so I use a regular skillet and a bit more oil), heat oil over medium-high heat.

Season flour with salt and pepper and dredge fish. Add to skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.

In the same skillet (the one that had the fish), melt butter over low heat and add the wine mixture. Cook at a low boil until reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Stir in scallions and heat for about 30 seconds.

Serve fish with sauce spooned over.

This came from the Six O'Clock Scramble cookbook, btw.

This is what I do:

I put the defrosted filets in a pan with some butter or olive oil and fry until done. Then I remove the filets and pan fry some almonds until toasty. You can spice them however you wish. SOmetimes I use hot sauce only. Other times I use some lemon juice and parsley. Whatever sounds good. Serve with a green veggie or salad and a starch.

We eat a lot of tilapia. My family's favorite way is Cajun. I thaw the fish then dust it with corn starch. Then I sprinkle Cajun seasoning (I use Tones for this) on both sides of the fish and sauté it in a little extra virgin olive oil. It is a bit crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.

Another way we eat it is sautéed in a little butter, lemon juice, sea salt, and paprika. I just cover the pan and cook it on low-medium until the fish is done. The liquids in the pan steam it. I don't even turn the fillets. I have done the same thing in the oven, placing all the same ingredients in a glass baking dish, covering it with foil, and baking it for about 30 min at 350.

I do a lemon and artichoke chicken that I made with tilapia once. It turned out really good.

Place fish in sprayed baking dish. (for chicken, I use about 5 bre*sts)

Mix:

2 c. canned artichokes

3/4 c. Parmesan cheese

1/2 c. Mayo.

2 TBSP white cooking wine

1/2 tsp garlic

1/4 c. lemon juice

Mix and spoon over chicken (fish). Top with 1/4 c. bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.

My five-minute, wonderful Tilapia "recipe". It might take 7 minutes (I've never timed it). And it's not really a recipe, it's just fish, oil, and seasoning.

Tilapia

Heat a little oil in a large skillet (one that has a lid).

Place frozen filets in pan.

Sprinkle with lemon pepper (we like Lawry's brand)

Cover

Cook over low heat

Turn over when thawed (after about 3 minutes)

Continue cooking over low heat until filets turn white and flaky.

Eat.

This is my dc's favorite dinner. I usually serve it with rice and some veggies.