Menu

Argh!!! Samsung appliance warranty service...

{update} On hold for 63 minutes and 10 seconds. I'm giving up. Samsung....:thumbdown::cursing:

{update} On hold for 54 mins 12 secs now...

We bought a new Samsung refrigerator 6 months ago. About 1 month ago the ice maker literally fell apart. Unidentifiable pieces everywhere.

On the 10th of June, they told me someone would call me to arrange service. Several days later, someone finally called, said they would ship the parts to me, and I should call when they arrived to set up a service call.

It's July 3rd, the parts haven't arrived. I've called them back, and have now been sitting on hold for....45 minutes and 18 seconds. I haven't even spoken with a real person yet. :confused:

Edited by Julie in CA

{update} On hold for 63 minutes and 10 seconds. I'm giving up. Samsung....:thumbdown::cursing:

We bought a new Samsung refrigerator 6 months ago. About 1 month ago the ice maker literally fell apart. Unidentifiable pieces everywhere.

On the 10th of June, they told me someone would call me to arrange service. Several days later, someone finally called, said they would ship the parts to me, and I should call when they arrived to set up a service call.

It's July 3rd, the parts haven't arrived. I've called them back, and have now been sitting on hold for....45 minutes and 18 seconds. I haven't even spoken with a real person yet. :confused:

Try this. Go to http://www.gethuman.com/

Scroll down to Samsung.

Follow the directions to get to a real live person.

I hate their appliances. I bought a washer/dryer combo. Should have gone with LG.

I did finally speak to a real person at Samsung customer service. They put me on hold for a very long time again (probably a total of about 20 mins), then came back on the line to tell me the verdict.

A bit of background. We bought the fridge 6 months ago from Lowes. About a month ago the ice maker fell apart--literally fell into a bunch of pieces that we couldn't tell how to reassemble. A month ago I called for service. About 3 weeks ago they told me they were waiting on parts (shouldn't ice makers be fairly available?).

So, back to the verdict from customer service. The csr called and couldn't get anywhere with finding out when the parts would be available, and told me that they've decided it would be easier to replace the whole fridge. :001_huh: I'm supposed to receive a call from Lowes within 2 days about exchanging the fridge for a whole new one.

Be happy its not from Sears.

You wait 2 weeks for an appointment and then they don't show up. No apologies, nothing.

The service guy was supposed to show at noon. At noon I start calling. They guarantee me he is on the way. At 1pm I call and they still insist he is on his way. At 1:05 I call back again and get a supervisor on the phone.

His response: The service guy called in sick today. He won't be showing.

What??????? No apologies, nothing. But I can wait another 2 weeks for the next appointment when the service person may/may not show.

Be happy its not from Sears.

You wait 2 weeks for an appointment and then they don't show up. No apologies, nothing.

The service guy was supposed to show at noon. At noon I start calling. They guarantee me he is on the way. At 1pm I call and they still insist he is on his way. At 1:05 I call back again and get a supervisor on the phone.

His response: The service guy called in sick today. He won't be showing.

What??????? No apologies, nothing. But I can wait another 2 weeks for the next appointment when the service person may/may not show.

:iagree:My Sears service guy showed up drunk, stumbling around my kitchen. I was home alone with the kiddos and dh wasn't due home for another two hours. I asked him to leave after he slipped with a screwdriver and put a long scratch into the side of the brand new fridge. As soon as he left I called the police and described the service truck and license plate to report a drunk driver. I hated to put him on the road, but I was not going to put my kids or myself in jeopardy. I complained to Sears but never heard a resolution, and they never fixed the scratched though they promised to. I will never buy from Sears again. :glare:

• 3 weeks later...

I can't even take the time to post the absolute NIGHTmare of an experience I had with Sears. I will trek to the nearest stream and bury my milk in the rocks before I will buy anything from Sears. NOTHING ever again.

Sorry, buyer, beware!