Menu

So, I decided to try Fat Loss for Idiots...

Okay, I'm in! I can't lose with Atkins or WW either, so here's hoping this helps. I have printed everything out and will make sure I have it all from the grocery store tonight. I'm bummed that I didn't plan ahead for the 4th, but there will be another 4th, I'm sure!

The only think I spot immediately is my coffee having to be under 10 calories a cup. :svengo: Don't know how I'll manage that one.

And don't look for me to post my weight or anything...suffice it to say I have a LOT to lose. I like the idea of mentally only having to stick with it 11 days. I can do anything that long! Then a break and then I'll do it again.

Off to make dinner and situate the kiddos so I can get to the store. It was 106 here today and I have sworn off the grocery store during the daytime this summer, so finding this thread was timely!!!:D

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be a pain the rear...
Are you sure? :D

If this is a myth, then we are still left with the mystery of why those of us who are coming off of this diet are unable to eat as much as we did before we started. I've done it twice and I swear it's true! Does anyone have another theory to replace the one that was just shot down?

The only think I spot immediately is my coffee having to be under 10 calories a cup. :svengo: Don't know how I'll manage that one.

Same here, I'm still trying to figure out that one. I just did the math and there are 40 calories in one cup (2 tsp sugar = 30 cal., 1 tsp creamer = 10). :ohmy: And I drink several (that's an understatement) cups every day. It could get pretty ugly around here.

Are you sure? :D

If this is a myth, then we are still left with the mystery of why those of us who are coming off of this diet are unable to eat as much as we did before we started. I've done it twice and I swear it's true! Does anyone have another theory to replace the one that was just shot down?

I suspect it may have to do with a lowered insulin response. Insulin makes you HUNGRY!

.2. Myth or Fact: If you cut down on your food intake, you'll eventually shrink your stomach so you won't be as hungry.

Answer: Myth. Once you are an adult, your stomach pretty much remains the same size -- unless you have surgery to intentionally make it smaller. Eating less won't shrink your stomach, says Moyad, but it can help to reset your "appetite thermostat" so you won't feel as hungry, and it may be easier to stick with your eating plan.

Be it a "shrunk stomach" or a reset to my "appetite thermostat"...I can't eat nearly as much as I could before without feeling full. Whatever you wanna call it, it works for me! ;):D

Same here, I'm still trying to figure out that one. I just did the math and there are 40 calories in one cup (2 tsp sugar = 30 cal., 1 tsp creamer = 10). :ohmy: And I drink several (that's an understatement) cups every day. It could get pretty ugly around here.

I had no problem with the coffee issue. I purchased the splenda "flavors for coffee" packets in French Vanilla. One of those and a 10 calorie portion of creamer...and I was a happy, happy girl. :D

I suspect it may have to do with a lowered insulin response. Insulin makes you HUNGRY!

So this diet lowers your insulin response? Sounds like it would be good for a hypoglycemic (like myself) even if one didn't need to lose weight, is that correct? Hmm...

Okay, so I quickly joined earlier, printed everything out, and then took off for the grocery store. Then I'm looking at my "meals" and it's combos like [peanuts and cottage cheese]:confused: or [ham slices and cashews]:001_huh:. Just kinda weird. But, hey I'm up for anything at this point. And obviously I see the lack of carbs except from fruit and veggies. My mantra will be "I can do anything for 11 days!!!"

An I can make the coffee work I think. I usually use around 2 T of FF 1/2 1/2, so I will reduce that to 1 and measure it, and I will survive.:chillpill:

Okay, so I quickly joined earlier, printed everything out, and then took off for the grocery store. Then I'm looking at my "meals" and it's combos like [peanuts and cottage cheese]:confused: or [ham slices and cashews]:001_huh:. Just kinda weird. But, hey I'm up for anything at this point. And obviously I see the lack of carbs except from fruit and veggies. My mantra will be "I can do anything for 11 days!!!"

An I can make the coffee work I think. I usually use around 2 T of FF 1/2 1/2, so I will reduce that to 1 and measure it, and I will survive.:chillpill:

If you want, you can re-do your choices and print out a new menu. You can keep doing this until you find suggestions that will work for you:o) You can also substitute protein for protein, carb for carb, etc.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

I am going to start today - haven't had my morning oats yet, but I am drinking my 10 calorie coffee. It's just not the same without sugar. I figure if I can learn to drink diet coke I can learn to drink coffee w/out sugar.

Thanks.

I have 10 more pounds I would like to lose, and I do exercise almost every day, and generally I eat pretty healthy.

I exercise enough to handle a glass of wine, an occasional dessert, etc., but I am not able to indulge in those things and actually lose at the same time. In other words, I could maintain my weight but not lose. Does that make sense?

I would love to drop down to where I need to be and then just maintain. I enjoy exercising, and I am doing it for many benefits beyond weight loss.

I also enjoy eating healthy, but I don't enjoy not being able to ever splurge on a margherita pizza, a glass of wine, cheese and crackers, etc.

Why not take a look at the NoS diet: http://www.nosdiet.com

It is ALL about maintenance as that is the *hardest* part of any diet--how to eat the food you love and be a healthy weight. You can eat pizza, drink wine, enjoy your cheese and crackers in MODERATION and the NoS diet gives you the tools/habits to figure that out for yourself.

I've been following NoS principles for a year, have lost 30 pounds, and enjoy good food more than ever.

Really, peruse the website--it is well worth the 20 minutes or so that it takes.

HTH,

Edited by vmsurbat
duplicate website address

Why not take a look at the NoS diet: http://www.nosdiet.com

It is ALL about maintenance as that is the *hardest* part of any diet--how to eat the food you love and be a healthy weight. You can eat pizza, drink wine, enjoy your cheese and crackers in MODERATION and the NoS diet gives you the tools/habits to figure that out for yourself.

I've been following NoS principles for a year, have lost 30 pounds, and enjoy good food more than ever.

Really, peruse the website--it is well worth the 20 minutes or so that it takes.

HTH,

Interesting website, thanks! I think I'll try the nosdiet while I am waiting to begin the fat loss for idiots again. It makes a lot of sense and now that I think of it, I used to hold to some of those rules. Such as desserts (sweets) on weekends only. A good rule to follow, I think. ;) Oh, and no seconds! That is something we ALL need to follow, eh? :lol:

I'm getting started today. Having only 1 T of 1/2&1/2 in my coffee is tough - I think I already fudged a little and had more. But I only had one cup and I will work harder tomorrow to make sure I only have the one T. Baby steps!

One of my meals was hard boiled eggs and grapefruit, so that worked out perfectly for a breakfast.

I'm excited about this. I would really, REALLY like to not weigh myself until the end of the 11 days, but we'll see. I'm also due for a certainly monthly issue this week (sorry if TMI) so that always affects my weight loss. I don't want to get sidelined by that.

Here we go friends!:D

A friend of mine asked me to do it with her. It is called something else, but it is the same diet. I kept changing my foods around until I came up with something that I liked and thought I would want at every meal.

Two years ago I lost around 20 pounds and have managed to keep it within a 5 pound range. Now, I want to lose another 20 pounds. I started this time at 175 and weighed 171.6 this morning. I really wanted to wait and not weigh myself until 11 days had gone by, but I just couldn't resist that scale this morning.

I am busy spring cleaning, but plan on adding exercise along with the diet when I'm finished. I figure I can do anything for 11 days and that's what I keep telling myself when I reach for something else. I have a brownie sitting in the freezer waiting for me on day 12.:tongue_smilie:

I do plan on 11 days on / 3 days off / 11 days on and then our trip to AK. Hubby is doing this with me. I don't know what he weighed this morning, but had taken 2 pounds off the second day.

Keep up the good work gals.

A friend of mine asked me to do it with her. It is called something else, but it is the same diet. I kept changing my foods around until I came up with something that I liked and thought I would want at every meal.

Two years ago I lost around 20 pounds and have managed to keep it within a 5 pound range. Now, I want to lose another 20 pounds. I started this time at 175 and weighed 171.6 this morning. I really wanted to wait and not weigh myself until 11 days had gone by, but I just couldn't resist that scale this morning.

I am busy spring cleaning, but plan on adding exercise along with the diet when I'm finished. I figure I can do anything for 11 days and that's what I keep telling myself when I reach for something else. I have a brownie sitting in the freezer waiting for me on day 12.:tongue_smilie:

I do plan on 11 days on / 3 days off / 11 days on and then our trip to AK. Hubby is doing this with me. I don't know what he weighed this morning, but had taken 2 pounds off the second day.

Mom24bz1g, what's the name of that other 11 day diet? Is it cheaper? Maybe it's the old version where you eat just one item for each meal?

What's the skinny on substitutions? Like I have one "meal" left for today and it's supposed to be apples and cashews (and ham but I don't want that right now). Those two are fine and I could crunch away, but I was thinking apples w/peanut butter instead. I have the all natural pb that's just peanuts and salt (prob less than the cashews).

Would that be okay?

Day 1 went well, but I was hungry, or maybe not hungry but wanting to eat...cause that's what I do. :tongue_smilie: But I made it through! Tomorrow should be good because I can eat lots of fruit!

Well, I managed to make it through day 1 without killing my dss.

What I found very interesting while going through the day is how much I am addicted to carbs. By the time I was truly hungry it was time to eat again, but the whole dang day I was really craving sugar. At least that's what I thought until dinner, when it took just about everything I had not to at least have a bite of the rice I fixed for dh & dc.

But I persevered and now am on to day 2. Slowy learning to enjoy coffee without sugar, but again it's doable.

Hey! I was raised in Anchorage and worked for Princess Tours up there for four summers. If you need any "inside tourist info" I'd be happy to help! It's a blast!

Checking in. I made it through day 2. I was little hungry, but really not too bad. I lost another 2.4! So that's 4.4 in 2 days. I think what got me through was looking forward to this morning's breakfast. I just ENJOYED (smacking lips) eggs and bacon! YUM!!!

Good job, Peggy! Day two is tough, but you can do it.

Lucy, keep up the good work!

Mom 2 4bz 1 g - Good for you, too.

C'mon girls! We can do this!

I'm sooooo glad you guys are losing weight! I have to admit, I was a bit worried that you wouldn't for some reason and then I'd feel terrible for posting the diet. Yeah, though! You're all doing great!

Well, I have not gained back any of my weight and I've been eating whatever I want for two 1/4 days now. This morning I had pancakes, eggs and bacon! Last night Spaghetti w/meat sauce and garlic bread. The day before my mahi mahi burrito and PIZZA! Yeppers...PIZZA! BUT, and this is a big but, I can hardly eat a thing! Seriously. If I eat too much my stomach hurts. So, even though I get to eat what I want, I do not eat very much at all compared to what I used to be able to woof down. I'm sticking to the plan of stopping before I am 'full,' which I get very quickly, and as of yesterday I am following the nosdiet too, which is no sweets (aka dessert) except on Saturday, Sunday, and Special days (Birthdays, etc.), no second servings, and no snacks. So far this has been no problem. I think those are great rules to follow even when not dieting. I am looking forward to that sweet dessert this weekend. ;):D

I plan to go back on the fat loss for idiots diet next Monday (after the 4th of July weekend) and see how much more I can drop.

Keep posting! I love to hear how you all are doing as it inspires me in my desire to give it another 11 days.

170.6. Down from 175 and I am on Day 5 today. Hubby is down from 229 to 224. If I go below 170 it will be the lowest I've been in 4 years.

Also, www.dietaccess.com is the same diet as The Fat Loss For Idiots. I don't think it costs any less though. It was called ediet or idiet when my friend signed up.

Tomorrow I am hoping to start exercising too.

Michele

170.6. Down from 175 and I am on Day 5 today. Hubby is down from 229 to 224. If I go below 170 it will be the lowest I've been in 4 years.

Also, www.dietaccess.com is the same diet as The Fat Loss For Idiots. I don't think it costs any less though. It was called ediet or idiet when my friend signed up.

Michele

I'm glad to hear everyone is losing weight, so far! I feel at least as responsible for this as Melissa in CA (even though she's the only one that trusted ME the first time around ;) ).

I just wanted to say that I gave out the other website address since I don't think you can purchase the plan from this one. My understanding is that this is the one where you fulfill your order only.

I'm glad to hear everyone is losing weight, so far! I feel at least as responsible for this as Melissa in CA (even though she's the only one that trusted ME the first time around ;) ).

I just wanted to say that I gave out the other website address since I don't think you can purchase the plan from this one. My understanding is that this is the one where you fulfill your order only.

Yes, the dietaccess link is the actual diet generator that you get when you buy Fat Loss for Idiots.

Edited by Melissa in CA

I'm STARVING!:nopity:

Well, okay, not really I guess. But I am very hungry. Today is day 2 and I am having fruit only today, with a sandwich for dinner.

And I was UP .2 this morning. :glare: But I don't think it means anything and I will hold off on judgement until the end... I am very much dealing with PMS, causing me to retain water I think. If I don't lose today there is something really, really wrong with me! So far I have had a grapefruit, a cup or so of strawberries and a plum. I need to go make a fruit salad of sorts and sit down to eat it like it's a meal and I bet it will carry me to dinner.

On the success front, I took the kids to a b.day party and didn't touch anything. Just munched on my strawberries.

Justkeepswimming, justkeepswimming, justkeepswimming...

Well, okay, not really I guess. But I am very hungry. Today is day 2 and I am having fruit only today, with a sandwich for dinner.

Day 2 was the worst day both times I did this diet! Hang in there!
And I was UP .2 this morning. :glare:
Make sure you measure at the same time each day. BTW, where are you guys getting the scales that have a resolution of 0.1 lbs.? Ours has a resolution of 0.5 lbs. (but even lower accuracy.)
That's how you do it!

Day 2 was the worst day both times I did this diet! Hang in there!Make sure you measure at the same time each day. BTW, where are you guys getting the scales that have a resolution of 0.1 lbs.? Ours has a resolution of 0.5 lbs. (but even lower accuracy.)That's how you do it!

Thanks for the words of encouragement Reg! The nice thing I was noticing is that I don't have that heavy kind of sleepy feeling I always get mid-afternoon. And let's face it, it's not so bad to get to eat all fruit. It's not an all spinach day or anything! :ack2:

ETA: forgot to answer, I got my scale at the WalMarts, it's a digital. It was pretty cheap if I recall...maybe $20.

Michele

Michele, this may be the access page for the old FL4I plan. On that plan you could have hot dogs, hamburgers, and pasta, but there are fewer choices, and most meals include only 1 item. The food is also different...lots of Ground turkey and eggs. Does that sound like what you're getting?

Somewhere there was posted a way to upgrade.

Keep up the good work!!!!

And I was UP .2 this morning. :glare: But I don't think it means anything and I will hold off on judgement until the end... I am very much dealing with PMS, causing me to retain water I think. If I don't lose today there is something really, really wrong with me! So far I have had a grapefruit, a cup or so of strawberries and a plum. I need to go make a fruit salad of sorts and sit down to eat it like it's a meal and I bet it will carry me to dinner.

On the success front, I took the kids to a b.day party and didn't touch anything. Just munched on my strawberries.

I SO know how you feel! I thought I was just plain gonna die on day 2....I was soooo stinking hungry! But, honestly, Day 8 was worse for me. My tummy doesn't do well with all vegi's...I thought it was going to internally explode, if you know what I mean. ;) Just think how good that bland boring food will taste tomorrow, eh?! :lol:

Since you are PMSing, be SURE you are drinking all your water for the day! I am not a water drinker, so I drank alot of tea and non-cal lemonade along with my water. But everyone says drinking your 8-10 glasses is a must, so be sure you're doing that. Perhaps it will help. ;)

I made it through day 1 yesterday and this morning was 2 pounds lighter. Today is all fruit day (and 1 sandwich) and I'm sooooo hungry :(

I'm not a big fruit eater, and the few fruits that I have tried to eat today have made me feel kind of sick. I'm also having a hard time drinking so much water. There's no way that I can drink 10 glasses of water each day!

I think when I get past today I'll be okay until veggie day.... I'm not really a veggie eater either. I guess if I ate more fruits and veggies regularly, though, I wouldn't need to lose so much weight!

BTW, where are you guys getting the scales that have a resolution of 0.1 lbs.? Ours has a resolution of 0.5 lbs. (but even lower accuracy.)That's how you do it!

I use my Wii balance board to weigh in. I also have a doctor's type sliding scale. I bought the doctor's scale first after I got so peeved with cheap digitals. They are SO NOT accurate. For those of you with digital scales, this really helps with accuracy. When you weigh-in, do it one time while either holding on to something to make you 5+ pounds heavier or lighter. KWIM? This will erase the last memory. Then weight again. If you don't do this and have lost or gained less than .5, it'll show the same weight as the previous time you weigh. If you and your dh/dw weigh different amounts and you trade off, this will work too. Does that make sense?

(eating tuna salad ... joy.)

So day 2 hasn't gone as well as expected thanks to one of my dogs feeling the need to protect us from a very dangerous and ferocious groundhog (no it wasn't rabid - just in our backyard). The groundhog is no longer a threat; however, the darling dog required being taken in for an emergency vet visit. After thinking she hadn't been bit it turned out she had been inside her mouth and it wouldn't stop bleeding.

So, needless to say, the plan to get up, have some coffee and head to the store for some fruit got pushed to the back burner thanks to my dog.

On the plus side, I didn't do too bad in the food consumption department. Instead of the fruit, I've had 2 cans of V-8, and 2 hardboiled eggs. I know, not fruit, but it's better than the other stuff I could have stuck in my mouth.

Back on track tomorrow. Must go drink water.

I'm here for my morning check in.

Okay, so I gained .2, statistical noise, I think. I was out and about yesterday afternoon and brought some cottage cheese and roast beef slices for my afternoon snack (meal #3). It wasn't enough and I was still hungry. I was at target and the closest thing I could find was low fat beef jerky. Salty, no?

Anyway, I enjoying my breakfast of milk and cheese. Milk and cheese?? LOL:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Anyway, I enjoying my breakfast of milk and cheese. Milk and cheese?? LOL

:lol: Oh my, now that DOES sound delicious! :lol: Thankfully, that wasn't a meal choice for me. :tongue_smilie: It surely doesn't sound very, uh, filling now does it? :lol:

ETA: Got on the scale this morning and I am down another 1/2 pound. So that makes 7 pounds total and I've now been off the diet, eating what I want, for three days. The nosdiet is a bit of a struggle though. I have no issue with having seconds, or snacks, but every day my family has been porking out on cookies and it's GETTING TO ME! LOL I will not cave. I will not cave. I will definitely enjoy dessert this weekend though. Definitely. ;)

Edited by Melissa in CA

Alrightythen,

Down 4.8 this morning.:w00t: Guess I had to give my body a day or so to let go of some water! I made it through yesterday (Day 2) with all fruit but can I just say that sandwich for dinner was like manna from heaven!:tongue_smilie:

I think I did something wrong when I was selecting my foods. It's probably been mentioned, but I would guess a key is to select all 15 from each category to maximize your choices. And I selected nuts, but not bacon or sausage thinking I don't need that stuff. So one meal today (and coming up several more times) is scrambled eggs and macadamia nuts. :confused: I can see that the diet is trying to up my fat and protein for today and I sure should have selected some bacon!!!

Today it's raining so I'm going to take the kids to a movie and I.Will.Resist.The.Popcorn. There, I said it. I will do it.

My in-laws also have invited us out to eat lunch on Friday to Olive Garden and I can't for the life of me figure out how to go and stick to plan. Thinking about sending dh and the kids and staying home. Not to cry in my broccoli or anything, just to avoid the many temptations. Melissa, Reg...What do you do when faced with eating out mid-plan?

Day 3, made it through fruit day, and have lost 4 pounds in the first 2 days. I was looking at my meals for today, as I ate my tuna salad :lol:, and it looks like a lot of food for me today. I may not eat all of it. I guess it's a reward for starving me yesterday :001_smile:

My dad is upset with me for starting this now because he had a big cookout planned for us on the 4th and now I won't be able to eat any of it :(

I'm planning to stick to it, though, and hoping to lose more. Is it normal for most of it to come off in the first couple of days and then not much more for the rest of the time? Is there a chance that I might keep losing 2 pounds per day or is it going to slow way down?

. Melissa, Reg...What do you do when faced with eating out mid-plan?

I actually was faced with this and there was no way out of it without appearing extremely rude (long story), I had to eat 'off-plan' and Panda Express of all things. So, I got what I always get, and only ate until satisfied; stopped before I was full. I also tried to stay away from the noodles and rice...had just a few bites of each. I ended up leaving quite a bit of food on my plate. This happened on Day 2...when I was scheduled to eat a sandwich for dinner, and had eaten fruit all day. I was HUNGRY and felt like I could have eaten a horse, but I stuck to the plan as best as I could under the unusual circumstances. I still lost weight. :D

My advice would be, go to Olive Garden but stay away from the pastas. Maybe get the soup and salad sans the garlic roll (Yes, they are tempting and delicious...but don't cave!) Pick an appropriate soup, preferably without pasta or potato, and get your salad dressing on the side. It won't be as delicious as say, Fettuccine Alfredo, but it's going to taste wonderful after the food you have been eating. ;) Then get back 'on plan' the next day. I think you'll be fine.

My dad is upset with me for starting this now because he had a big cookout planned for us on the 4th and now I won't be able to eat any of it :(

I hear ya! I'm singing at the Team USA ball game on the 4th ... no hot dogs or beer for me (sigh ...)

Is it normal for most of it to come off in the first couple of days and then not much more for the rest of the time? Is there a chance that I might keep losing 2 pounds per day or is it going to slow way down?

I didn't lose anymore weight during the last four days of the eleven. It got a bit frustrating after losing so quickly in the beginning. But still, I lost 6 1/2 pounds in 11 days....that's something! And I am now down 7 total! Yeeha!

I was so afraid that the weight loss was only water weight and that the second I started eating "normal" that it would all come right back on...but it HASN'T! I am actually, shockingly, excited about starting the diet again on Monday. We'll see if I lose again.... ;)

All that to say, no, I doubt you'll keep losing 2 lbs a day as that would have you losing 22 pounds in 11 days! :D(How awesome would THAT be though? :w00t:) So, it will slow down, and you may get frustrated, but remember that more is going on than weight loss. My appetite has still not returned in full force and I still cannot eat large quatities. I also do not crave snacks at all, and have amazing willpower while my family snork down cookies and milk. It's all good. ;)

Melissa, Reg...What do you do when faced with eating out mid-plan?
Sorry, I never faced it in the 22 days of dieting I've done. You know, we're homeschoolers that never leave the house and all! :D

IIWY, I would find the meal for that day that looks close to something you can buy at Olive Garden and substitute. Then do what Melissa did and leave the extras on the plate.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure what you lady's will do on the Fourth! :confused: I guess we will need to pray for you!

Day 3, made it through fruit day, and have lost 4 pounds in the first 2 days. I was looking at my meals for today, as I ate my tuna salad :lol:, and it looks like a lot of food for me today. I may not eat all of it. I guess it's a reward for starving me yesterday :001_smile:

I'm planning to stick to it, though, and hoping to lose more. Is it normal for most of it to come off in the first couple of days and then not much more for the rest of the time? Is there a chance that I might keep losing 2 pounds per day or is it going to slow way down?

Congratulations!

I'm pretty sure you will NOT continue to lose 2 pounds each day. If you do, the diet says to stop the plan. My weight loss went in fits and starts, as is being reported here, but it did not all come off at the beginning the second time around. The first time was similar to Melissa in CA's experience where I lost 8 pounds by about day 8 and that was it. But the second time around I was parked at about 8 pounds and then when I weighed in at the start of day 12 I had lost 10 pounds! I dunno...it's just not predictable to me.

Keep it up, Ladies! :thumbup:

Edited by RegGuheert

I finally made it below the 170's. I weighed in at 169.0 today. And, I was wrong yesterday. I started Day 5 yesterday, but then realized I was on day 4 so today I will do day 5.

Just want to mention to those new to this diet that Metamucil or some fiber pill or something is really, really important while on this diet.

It was my friend who did this diet through a different place last time. She couldn't remember her login so I just logged us in (I bought the one mentioned here) through mine. It is the same though as hers, but hers was through ediets. All that to say, the people here who mentioned it, I think you're right on all accounts.:001_smile:

And, I did walk, too slowly for me, yesterday for about 20 minutes but that is all the exercise I've managed so far.

My friend who, imo, doesn't actually need to lose weight, will only lose 3-4 pounds with this diet and she loses it in the last days not the first days. She's floored with how much I'm losing, but I told her that if she had 30-40 pounds to lose instead of 5 she would lose this amount also.

So far all my weight has come off my stomach. After five kids I can't even tell you how wonderful this is. I am so tired of looking like I'm pg all the time.

My mantra continues to be, "I can do anything for 11 days."

It's amazing how much difference 5- 10 pounds can make because hubby is looking really, really good. And it always amazes me when I feel this way because I don't actually care how big or small he is but then when he loses 5 pounds it's like, "Yeah, baby." He feels the same way about me.:auto::drool::blushing:

Keep up the losing ladies. You can do this for 11 days!!!

So day 2 hasn't gone as well as expected thanks to one of my dogs feeling the need to protect us from a very dangerous and ferocious groundhog (no it wasn't rabid - just in our backyard). The groundhog is no longer a threat; however, the darling dog required being taken in for an emergency vet visit. After thinking she hadn't been bit it turned out she had been inside her mouth and it wouldn't stop bleeding.

So, needless to say, the plan to get up, have some coffee and head to the store for some fruit got pushed to the back burner thanks to my dog.

On the plus side, I didn't do too bad in the food consumption department. Instead of the fruit, I've had 2 cans of V-8, and 2 hardboiled eggs. I know, not fruit, but it's better than the other stuff I could have stuck in my mouth.

Back on track tomorrow. Must go drink water.

I don't think 1 day will mess too much with this diet. Don't let it discourage you. Just start again or go on to the next day. I always get discouraged when I mess up and then months later realize that if I had just gotten back on track immediately, I wouldn't be "fat" today!!

Sorry about your dog.

Michele

Just want to mention to those new to this diet that Metamucil or some fiber pill or something is really, really important while on this diet.

You know, I'm glad you mentioned this cuz I was a bit too embarrassed too. :blush: I was actually wondering about getting some Metamucil for my next go-round. I was a bit concerned that I lacked my normal morning "regularcy" (yep, makin' up words as I go along. :lol:;)) while on the diet. It seemed a bit unhealthy to me in that respect and I was pondering if something like Metamucil would do the trick. Apparently so. Thanks! :D

I use my Wii balance board to weigh in.
Thanks! Do you find it to be accurate? We have one, but I see three main problem with using the Wii:

1) It berates me while I weigh myself.

2) I cannot weigh myself when the TV is being used.

3) I prefer to weigh, umm, so that I know PRECISELY how much my clothes weigh! :blush: Wii balance board is not always compatible with this form of weighing, IIKWIM! ;)

I also have a doctor's type sliding scale. I bought the doctor's scale first after I got so peeved with cheap digitals. They are SO NOT accurate. For those of you with digital scales, this really helps with accuracy. When you weigh-in, do it one time while either holding on to something to make you 5+ pounds heavier or lighter. KWIM? This will erase the last memory. Then weight again. If you don't do this and have lost or gained less than .5, it'll show the same weight as the previous time you weigh. If you and your dh/dw weigh different amounts and you trade off, this will work too. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the tip on the digital scales. I'm not too concerned if it is consistently high or low by a few pounds, as I can still measure weight LOSS. It's the jumping around that is troublesome. Mine seems to be capable of making about a 2 pound move. Then later it seems it can move two pounds the other direction. That's probably why many of us have had pretty uneven weight loss with this diet, though I'm not sure.

O.K. So who's going to weigh in today? :lurk5:

Reg,

I do find the Wii accurate, but mine is in my bedroom, so ...

I Wii-ed in this morning ... another .7 gone! That's a total of -4.4 in four days!

My husband has been gone since Sunday on a business trip. He got back last night and is joining me for the last 7 days ... yay!

I use my Wii balance board to weigh in. I also have a doctor's type sliding scale. I bought the doctor's scale first after I got so peeved with cheap digitals. They are SO NOT accurate. For those of you with digital scales, this really helps with accuracy. When you weigh-in, do it one time while either holding on to something to make you 5+ pounds heavier or lighter. KWIM? This will erase the last memory. Then weight again. If you don't do this and have lost or gained less than .5, it'll show the same weight as the previous time you weigh. If you and your dh/dw weigh different amounts and you trade off, this will work too. Does that make sense?

Erin,

I'd love to find something to hold to make me 5 pounds lighter! Where can I get such a device?!?! :lol:

Erin,

I'd love to find something to hold to make me 5 pounds lighter! Where can I get such a device?!?! :lol:

Ha ha ha. I use the towel bar or press on the wall. :tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie: