Menu

So, I decided to try Fat Loss for Idiots...

I am on day 9 and down only 3.5 lbs. Hopefully I'll be at 4 or 5 by the end of this but even if I am not I am going to give it another go. It may not be the huge loss many of you are seeing but at least I am finally losing. 4 lbs in 11 days is really nothing to scoff at but some of the other losses here are just amazing.

I am stictly following the diet and drinking all my water, etc. I did have a glass of wine a couple of times. It is allowed but surely it would be better not to indulge. I only did it on days that my calories seemed really low. I guess I'll try without the wine next go round.

Keep at it everyone.

Marie

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hsmom3tn: GREAT JOB!!!!! 10lb loss would be my absolute best case (but I don't think its going to happen) scenario. :tongue_smilie: Are you going to do it again?

Yep, I am going to do it again, restarting on Monday. I don't expect to lose 10 pounds every time, but it was a good start and really got me motivated. I have A LOT of weight to lose, so I'll keep doing it as long as it works for me.

P.S. - I ate some cookies today... I wonder how that's going to affect me.... we'll see :D

Question RE exercise....are you supposed to exercise, or not? Is it 'bad' if you do? I was reading some more of the materials and they aren't fond of 'intense' exercise...

Laurie~ Great job on 50lbs! :hurray: That AWESOME!

Thank you! It has not been easy. Probably one of the hardest things I have ever done. I have to say it is exponentially easier to eat 3500 extra calories (= 1 pound) then to burn it or have a calorie deficit to lose it!

I have had 2 very slow months recently, so this is a refreshing change for me to lose this so quickly. I hope this works well for me and I will enjoy it while it lasts at the least.

I personally am having a hard time NOT exercising, as that is what I am used to. I walked 4 miles yesterday. Today I did some strength training, then tonight I couldn't take it and did a walk/run instead of a total run like I am used to. I really am used to having that as a stress reliever, so I only jogged a half mile, then walked the rest. I figured it wasn't too strenuous then. At least it didn't seem it and I am in much better spirits now. I hope it doesn't affect my weight tomorrow in a bad way. We'll see. :confused:

I would think walking briskly would be excellent at the least.I am not sure what you are used to. I also like to encourage others to start some strength training and taking in all this protein is the perfect soil for you to build some muscle. Muscle burns fat and of course looks prettier after you reach your goal. :)

I also am living proof (after this past weekend) that the more muscle you have, the more difficult it is to gain weight. I ate all I wanted for 4 days this weekend and really gained ounces. I know I ate way too much and 6 months ago that would have equated to 3 or 4 pounds probably. To give you an example, my less muscular sister-in-law gained 5 pounds while they were here. At that moment I was glad for all that burn I had endured!

HTH,

Laurie

Hi. I am on day 6 of this diet and I have lost 6 lbs. I seriously think this is a low carb diet, though. I have the bodybugg and log in the daily menus and for today (and other days) the carb level is about 30 grams. Plus, it was under 1100 calories! And, less than half what someone would need for fiber!! I have felt tired on this diet too. I have read the wonderful reviews, but just wonder if anyone feels like me...like this is a low carb diet? (i know you get to eat what you want for 3 days...i am just talking about the 11 days) I don't think cashews and bacon strips is a healthy dinner!! It is a high protein diet too. I don't like low carb because I feel like you lose muscle and water and I don't like extra low calories because I think I will gain weight back if I eat just normal calories! UGH! Anyway, I am not saying it is not good for others at all...I just don't think it is for me. I think I will try the simply filling/momentum plan from WW. I was doing it before this and losing about 1.5 lbs a week. I was wondering if anyone knows how to contact this company (fat loss 4 idiots) as I seem to remember they have a money back guarantee, but I can't find any way to contact them on their website!! Good luck to all of you...I HATE this whole weight loss dilemma! :o(

Stacey

Some days are basically no carb, some just one meal with carbs, other (fruit day) are higher in healthier carbs.

I actually like it because I think low carb is the best way for me. I am a total carb addict but then I have constant cravings and my blood sugar is all over the place. I can't stick to low carb long term, though. That is what I like about this. It is low carb with some carbs thrown in and the 3 "cheat days". I find I have so much more energy and am less hungry without the carbs.

I have done WW in the past with varying levels of success (though I think it is a great diet). I just choose all carbs when I have so many options and I am constantly hungry and run out of points. If I had the discipline to do WW in a low carb kind of way it would be great- but I don't have that discipline.

I actually have a lot more trouble sticking to the diet on the days that I do get more carbs. I just am never satisfied with them.

So, yes, I agree that it is low carb. I also have not seen the dramatic weight loss. I am at 4 lbs down on day 10. That is the best I have done in a long time, though, so I'm going to stick with it.

Not sure about getting your money back. I think I read somewhere that it is very difficult to actually get your refund :mad:

I weighed this morning. I am due for my cycle in 2 days and really crammed the sweets/chocolate/chips during my 3 days off. Not anything new for me so it's a good thing I'm going back on.;)

I am starting at 170.0. I would have to go back and look at where I ended. A few pounds weight gain I think. However, 170 is still the lowest I've been in 4 years.

Let the day begin!!!

Michele

I was wondering if anyone knows how to contact this company (fat loss 4 idiots) as I seem to remember they have a money back guarantee, but I can't find any way to contact them on their website!! Good luck to all of you...I HATE this whole weight loss dilemma! :o(

Stacey

Contact info:

http://fatloss4idiots.com/?hop=cphdiet (don't sign in) and it's in the About Us section.

http://fatloss4idiots.com/About.html

Wholesaler/Author:

Internet Made Simple

23785 El Toro Rd. #601

Lake Forest, CA 92630

Retailer:

Click Sales, Inc. (ClickBank)

917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200

Boise ID 83706 USA

Old info:

Headquarters:

537 Newport Center Dr. Suite #626

Newport Beach, CA 92660

I actually like it because I think low carb is the best way for me. I am a total carb addict but then I have constant cravings and my blood sugar is all over the place. I can't stick to low carb long term, though. That is what I like about this. It is low carb with some carbs thrown in and the 3 "cheat days". I find I have so much more energy and am less hungry without the carbs.

I have done WW in the past with varying levels of success (though I think it is a great diet). I just choose all carbs when I have so many options and I am constantly hungry and run out of points. If I had the discipline to do WW in a low carb kind of way it would be great- but I don't have that discipline.

I actually have a lot more trouble sticking to the diet on the days that I do get more carbs. I just am never satisfied with them.

Me tooo! I do better with low carb, though I usually can never keep it up and end up going off it. This particular one I have managed to stay on in the face of some big temptations. The first 2 days I have some headaches and felt sort of tired, but today I feel better.

I lose nothing, absolutely nothing on WW. I just don't. It is depressing. I have tried a few times.

I too am not sure that this is healthy long term. I mean some of the fat from nuts is healthy, but bacon, sausage, and eggs on a regular basis seems like a recipe for a heart attack? It concerns me a little. I find myself feeling like I am unhealthy after eating those things.

For the time being I am going with it and seeing where I end up.

Laurie

I lose nothing, absolutely nothing on WW. I just don't. It is depressing. I have tried a few times.

Me too! Actually, a few years ago (5 or 6) I lost 18 pounds using Weight Watchers' point system. I didn't get much to eat and it took 3 months, but I did lose it. I kept it off for about a year and then it gradually came back...and then some. I gained back those 18 pounds and added 15 on top of that, and haven't been able to loose them since! I've tried WW twice since then thinking if it worked once, it will work again. One time I lost zero pounds after starving for two weeks, the next time I actually GAINED 2 pounds after starving for two weeks. WW just won't make my weight budge.

I have tried various other diets as well, from the prevention belly-fat diet to one by Suzanne Sommers. Zero weight loss. I'd actually gotten to the point of never dieting again thinking that no matter what I try it's not going to work. Then I read about this one and thought...OK, what the heck. I was so surprised to lose so much with so little effort and, except for the fruit day and vegi days, without feeling hungry. I'm a carb-o-holic too, and frankly I really haven't missed them much.

I too am not sure that this is healthy long term. I mean some of the fat from nuts is healthy, but bacon, sausage, and eggs on a regular basis seems like a recipe for a heart attack?

I agree. I do not think this is meant to be a long term eating plan. If you read your diet handbook, I think you'll see that the "other" diet is actually a bit different than the generated one and offers a steadier supply of carbs. But, again, your carbs are limited to a certain list and pasta, potatoes, and corn are not listed. :glare: Fine in the summer, but in the winter...I love my pasta as well as a good pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy. ;) Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm! :D

I am basically using this diet to get a handle on my weight. I don't plan on using it for the rest of my life.

Oh, and for the previous poster....How odd! I have not felt tired at ALL on this diet?? :confused: I wonder if it's just our body make-up. Some people need more carbs for fuel, and some of us need that protein. And, low fat diets which contain very little proteins, from what I understand, are actually those that cause you to lose muscle...not low carb/high protein. But, perhaps I have that wrong.

Personally, if I had lost 6 pounds in 6 days, I wouldn't be looking to get my money back. :confused: The diet has done what it's promised to do...you have indeed lost weight, right? I'm not sure I understand. But, hey, give it a try! If you're unsatisfied, you're unsatisfied. I don't see why they wouldn't honor their money back guarantee. ;)

Me tooo! I do better with low carb, though I usually can never keep it up and end up going off it. This particular one I have managed to stay on in the face of some big temptations. The first 2 days I have some headaches and felt sort of tired, but today I feel better.

I too am not sure that this is healthy long term. I mean some of the fat from nuts is healthy, but bacon, sausage, and eggs on a regular basis seems like a recipe for a heart attack? It concerns me a little. I find myself feeling like I am unhealthy after eating those things.

For the time being I am going with it and seeing where I end up.

Laurie

I, personally, LOVE bacon so make sure to always choose it, but, if you wanted healthier proteins, you could just not choose bacon, sausage or eggs. That would still give you a lot of healthy proteins, but man I LOVE the taste and smell of bacon............so it would take all the fun out of it if I didn't choose them.:001_smile:

I have tried WW and not lost weight either.

I definitely think this is a low carb diet, but I do better with lots of proteins. But, my mom doesn't so for her this diet would be really hard.

For me it is just a way to get my weight down and then I am going to work on portions to control it.

I can do this for 10.5 more days!!!

Blessings,

Michele

>Personally, if I had lost 6 pounds in 6 days, I wouldn't be looking to get my money back. :confused: The diet has done what it's promised to do...you have indeed lost weight, right? I'm not sure I understand. But, hey, give it a try! If you're unsatisfied, you're unsatisfied. I don't see why they wouldn't honor their money back guarantee<

Hi. I guess I want my money back because I feel like I was deceived. They advertise that it is not low carb or starving yourself. Like I mentioned before, I have entered about 3 days worth into my bodybugg system and it is VERY low carb and pretty darn low calories...of course, I was eating normal portions of stuff, not overeating. One day didn't get close to 1000 calories...I think that was fruit day. The days were low carb and one day I remember being TWICE the recommended daily allowance of sodium...it came to 4448 instead of 2400 that is recommended...OUCH! It must have been sausage links, bacon, etc.!!

I would be happy with 6 pounds if I didn't think it was just water (healthy water) and muscle. I have read numerous places that low carb/low calorie will eat up muscle. So, basically, I just thought it wasn't low carb and it seems to be and I don't want a low carb diet. I could just do Atkins and take three days off, or the phase 1 of South Beach! I did go back and look at the Beyond Calories...I purchased that when I purchased FL4I, and it looks a little better to me. It seems to give you more fruits and vegetables each day...I just haven't logged it into my bodybugg so I don't know what the carb content is each day. I may do that as I am REALLY wanting to get this FAT off!!! I need to lose 40 lbs and we are going to Disneyworld in October and I was hoping to get at least 20 by then!! Then I might feel comfortable being in a few of the family pictures!! LOL Has anyone tried the Beyond Calories diet? (

Ok! I am the one that has been disappointed because of the menus on this diet. Well, I decided to go to the diet generator and take off some things like sausage and bacon that I like ONCE in awhile but not everyday! Oh my goodness...the new diet that it made for me is MUCH MORE doable!! I mean, now it gives me 3 choices on several meals and it gives me veggies and fruits MUCH MORE often!!! I can't figure it out! This new diet appeals more to me (and my dh) than the 1st one. Here is an example:

Day 5 (1st diet the generator made for me)

Meal 1

Peanuts

Hard Boiled Eggs

Meal 2

Ham Slices

Roast Beef Slices

Meal 3

Cashews

Bacon Strips

Meal 4

Sausage Links

Low fat Milk

New Day 5 on the new diet the generator made for me (with sausage and bacon removed):

Meal 1

Turkey Slices

Regular Cheese Slices

Meal 2

Bowl of Red and Green Vegetables

Bowl of Green Beans

Meal 3

Hard Boiled Eggs

Low Fat Milk

Meal 4

Ham Slices

Scrambled Eggs

So, it let me have veggies on the new day 5! And everyday is like that now...so strange. I even had my dh look at it because I couldn't figure it out and he says the new diet it gave me seems a little more balanced....more veggies, fruits, and not SO much protein!! Anyway, we are going to give it another try. We will start again tomorrow with the new diet it gave me. I haven't checked the carb content, but I at least feel better that I can have fruit and veggies and sometimes 3 choices. :o)

I was excited to lose weight finally because I am a slooooowwww loser usually. I am also still bf'ing my toddler and I want to feel like my diet is at least a little balanced. Kwim? I am not worried about dieting while bf'ing because he is almost two and gets most of his nutrtition from regular food.

Ok, enough rambling! Thanks for all your advice and help!

Stacey:o)

I decided to go to the diet generator and take off some things like sausage and bacon that I like ONCE in awhile but not everyday! Oh my goodness...the new diet that it made for me is MUCH MORE doable!! I mean, now it gives me 3 choices on several meals and it gives me veggies and fruits MUCH MORE often!!! I can't figure it out! This new diet appeals more to me (and my dh) than the 1st one.

It would be interesting to compare everyone's menus. I wonder if you lose more fat if you have more protein or not. Scrambled eggs and ham at the same meal sounds wonderful! We have bacon and sausage 2-3 times on our plan. LOL

Did you check off 15 items on both sides? I only ran two plans and checked off the same items for both. I should have tried more options, I guess. I just saved the info into Word documents so it doesn't waste paper to play around with it.

I'm very happy for you! When one of us finds a fabulous menu, we ought to share it around with those who have purchased the plan. But at least we can share what we've checked off and try to increase our chances of less humorous choices:tongue_smilie:

I just ordered a BodyBugg.....how do you like it? I am really excited about it!

Dawn

Hi. I am on day 6 of this diet and I have lost 6 lbs. I seriously think this is a low carb diet, though. I have the bodybugg and log in the daily menus and for today (and other days) the carb level is about 30 grams. Plus, it was under 1100 calories! And, less than half what someone would need for fiber!! I have felt tired on this diet too. I have read the wonderful reviews, but just wonder if anyone feels like me...like this is a low carb diet? (i know you get to eat what you want for 3 days...i am just talking about the 11 days) I don't think cashews and bacon strips is a healthy dinner!! It is a high protein diet too. I don't like low carb because I feel like you lose muscle and water and I don't like extra low calories because I think I will gain weight back if I eat just normal calories! UGH! Anyway, I am not saying it is not good for others at all...I just don't think it is for me. I think I will try the simply filling/momentum plan from WW. I was doing it before this and losing about 1.5 lbs a week. I was wondering if anyone knows how to contact this company (fat loss 4 idiots) as I seem to remember they have a money back guarantee, but I can't find any way to contact them on their website!! Good luck to all of you...I HATE this whole weight loss dilemma! :o(

Stacey