Menu

So, I decided to try Fat Loss for Idiots...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I weighed 168.4/175. That's .6 down from yesterday. And, yesterday I just ate all proteins, but not necessarily what was on my list because I was gone most of the day. That meant a diet of mainly cashews and teriyaki chicken (without the rice or salad). But, it still worked.

Hubby is down 223.4/229

I will say that I NEVER lose more than him when we diet so this is a huge surprise to me. He's always pounds ahead of me when we diet.

Keep going ladies. :lol:Even if it's a different diet than this one!! I always say, "Whatever works for you."

I'm eating cottage cheese and peanut butter. Can you hear the "blah and blech" in my words?:glare: Some of these combinations are very strange. I am supposed to have nuts at 3 meals today!!! I wish now I had been much more careful in what I selected!

Justkeepswimming, justkeepswimming, justkeepswimming...

I'm eating cottage cheese and peanut butter. Can you hear the "blah and blech" in my words?:glare: Some of these combinations are very strange. I am supposed to have nuts at 3 meals today!!! I wish now I had been much more careful in what I selected!

Justkeepswimming, justkeepswimming, justkeepswimming...

Go back to the diet generator part and re-do the selections and just start where you are. Does that make sense? It is always the same order so you could just go and generate until you have more combinations you like.

I also went back and mainly re-read the handbook and somewhere (I would have to go re-read again) in there it says that really, proteins are proteins and it doesn't matter if you eat 1, 2, 3, or 4 proteins at a time, it's just that you can't mix the proteins and carbs unless it tells you too.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the fat content of the proteins, but it definitely said it didn't.

All that to say that you could just pick a different protein that is on the list instead of eating combos you don't like.

Hang in there. You can do anything for 11 days.

Michele

Thanks Michele! Um...DUH! Should read the stuff!:lol:

I'll find some time to do that tonight and maybe I can come up with some combos that are more appealing.

Right now I'm rockin' out to Wynnona while cleaning like a crazy person, so the protein I've had is sticking pretty good!:D

OK - I am joining the discussion. I am on day two, and feel like I am starving!! I am off to eat an apple very soon!

I did lose 2 lbs.as of this morning, but I am having a hard time not taking 'just a smidge' of the dinner I fixed for everyone else!

I can't wait to read how everyone does!

OK - I am joining the discussion. I am on day two, and feel like I am starving!! I am off to eat an apple very soon!

I did lose 2 lbs.as of this morning, but I am having a hard time not taking 'just a smidge' of the dinner I fixed for everyone else!

Day two is hard. Just look at the tasty stuff you'll get to eat tomorrow, though. Just keep that as your goal. It worked for me.

MomsintheGarden went out of her way to make more "plain" food for the rest of family the first time I did this diet. Still, I was *really* craving the food everyone else was eating! I guess it's just a "forbidden fruit" sort of thing.

Anyway, welcome, Michelle! There's no need to give in, since it's only 11 days! Good luck!

We'll see tomorrow if you ladies have caused Reg to lose yet another pound. :w00t:

Welcome Michelle!!...and congrats on your two pound loss. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I made it through the night, and when I weight this morning, I was a total of 4 lbs. down. So I am encouraged.

Do you all add anything to cottage cheese? I don't think we are supposed to, and I could not finish mine this morning. I am used to eating it with a little jam in it for flavor.

Thanks again for the encouragement. It will be interesting to see how much total weight I lose, and if I can keep it off. I really want this last 15 lbs. gone before our trip to Disney in Sept.!

Today dh and I both weighed the same as yesterday. We did day 7 today. Tomorrow will probably be a killer with only a sandwich and veges.

My goal is 10 pounds for the 11 days. So far I am down 6.6. Only 3.4 more to go. I meant to add in exercise today, but was too tired from cleaning and playing.

There's always tomorrow!!

I can do anything for 11 days.

Michele

but I started that other thread with the question about fruit day.

I am on day 4 today. I am down 3 lbs in 3 days. I'm really only looking to lose 10 lbs (though 15 would be great) so 3 lbs seems like alot. It has been relatively easy so far. I didn't even get very hungry on day 2 until evening.

I am trying to stay at it and keep expectations realistic so I don't get discouraged. I'm telling myself if I am just down 3 lbs at the end of the 11 days that is still the most diet success I've had in a long time and it feels good to have the cravings under control. Low carb always helps with that but I just can't stick with it so this seems much more manageable for me.

My dress pants I only wear on Sundays are much looser this week so I'll take that as a good sign.

So I weighed in at 162 on day 1. I am at 159 on day 4. I'd be a happy girl at 150.

Marie

I am on day 4 today. I am down 3 lbs in 3 days. I'm really only looking to lose 10 lbs (though 15 would be great) so 3 lbs seems like alot. It has been relatively easy so far. I didn't even get very hungry on day 2 until evening.

I am trying to stay at it and keep expectations realistic so I don't get discouraged. I'm telling myself if I am just down 3 lbs at the end of the 11 days that is still the most diet success I've had in a long time and it feels good to have the cravings under control. Low carb always helps with that but I just can't stick with it so this seems much more manageable for me.

My dress pants I only wear on Sundays are much looser this week so I'll take that as a good sign.

So I weighed in at 162 on day 1. I am at 159 on day 4. I'd be a happy girl at 150.

Marie

Congratulations, Marie! I agree with your assessment of this diet: Easy to do, fast results, not too painful, not FOREVER. If you need to lose more weight, simply do it again. I would like to do it at least once more to try to get down to 175. I still haven't convinced myself to join Melissa in CA tomorrow because we have a birthday coming up. Of course, with nine of us, we ALWAYS have a birthday coming up! :tongue_smilie:

I am on day 7 today and dreading veggie day tomorrow :(

Saturday morning I weighed the same as Friday morning, so no loss on Friday; but this morning I was down another pound, so that's a total of 8 pounds for the first 6 days. Not bad :)

Yesterday I had grilled chicken while everyone else had their steaks :D

I am planning to take the 3 days off when this is over and then start again immediately. I have a lot of weight to lose. I am finding that this is pretty easy, overall, and the foods are much more enjoyable than other diets that I've tried. I am so glad that this diet was mentioned here, otherwise I probably would never have heard of it.

At least you get a sandwich! My vegi day was all vegi's. Period. A sandwich that day would have been a blessing. ;)

.............I'd get a sandwich. :001_huh: I thought it was like the fruit day. Not so!!! lol

Anyway...........I am down to 168.6 (gained .2), but that is okay. I can really tell the inches are coming off. I wanted to lose a total of 10 pounds, but only have 3 days left and haven't lost any in the last few days. I'm good with 6-7 pounds regardless.

I feel much better having lost lots of fat around my middle area.

I can do anything for 3 more days!!!

Michele

I am on day 7 today and dreading veggie day tomorrow :(

Saturday morning I weighed the same as Friday morning, so no loss on Friday; but this morning I was down another pound, so that's a total of 8 pounds for the first 6 days. Not bad :)

Yesterday I had grilled chicken while everyone else had their steaks :D

I am planning to take the 3 days off when this is over and then start again immediately. I have a lot of weight to lose. I am finding that this is pretty easy, overall, and the foods are much more enjoyable than other diets that I've tried. I am so glad that this diet was mentioned here, otherwise I probably would never have heard of it.

Great job!!! I am going to start again after the 3 days also. It'll be interesting to see how the second set is compared to the first.

Blessings,

Michele

Marie

I ultimately would like to get down to 150. It actually seems to be in sight at this time. :lol:

Keep going. Keep going. Keep going.

Michele

Is this an 11 day diet and then you keep repeating the same diet?

I'm confused?

It's an 11-day diet. You can repeat it if you want, or not. If you repeat the diet, it requires that you take at least three days off before starting again.

For instance, I have done this diet twice: The first time starting in August 2008 I went from 222 to 214 lbs. The second time in May 2009, I went from 191 to 181 lbs. In between, I did not follow any specific diet or recommendations.

What do you get for the $39? Just a list of foods to eat each day?
The diet tells you *exactly* what to eat for each of four meals each day, generated from a list of foods that you have selected from a larger list. The four meals can be eaten in any order. At each meal, you can eat one or all of the foods specified.

You can generate a new diet plan as often as you like by specifying a new list of starting foods.

Hey gals - checking in here. I am down 6 lbs. and I messed up a little tonight. I forget to thaw any chicken out, so when dinner time rolled around, I had bacon and cheese slices instead. I had made BLT's for the family and that seemed the obvious solution to the problem.

My son and his friend are baking chocolate chip cookies right now. I am getting a sugar high on the smell alone!!!!!!!! COOKIE! <said in my best Cookie Monster voice>

Let me ask this - what if you reach your target weight before the diet ends? Do you stop? My goal was to lose 10lbs., and I am already at 6lbs. after 4 days. I know that the weight loss will slow, but will it stop? Just curious.

Let me ask this - what if you reach your target weight before the diet ends? Do you stop? My goal was to lose 10lbs., and I am already at 6lbs. after 4 days. I know that the weight loss will slow, but will it stop? Just curious.
No! It is imperative that you suffer for 11 days just like everyone else! :smash:

I signed up. Shopping day is Wednesday, so I'll start this Thursday morning.

Overall, I want to lose 17 pounds. But for this first round of 11 days, I hope to lose about 5, since losing 1-2 lbs a week is considered "safe." I'd be a little nervous if I lost 9 pounds in 11 days. Doesn't that mess up your liver?

Then when the Idiots diet is done, I think I'll maintain and lose slowly w/ the NoSdiet.

Thank you all for posting about this! I just can't seem to get a jumpstart on this weight loss. I'm pretty excited about starting this diet. (If I didn't already have plans on Mon and Tues, I'd go shopping so I could start this diet earlier!!)

I still haven't convinced myself to join Melissa in CA tomorrow because we have a birthday coming up.

Cmon Reg, I need someone to suffer with me! :lol:

Went shopping after church today and got all my goodies for the next 11 days. My latest meal plan actually looks much better than my first one...especially since I eliminated the nasty tuna salad. :tongue_smilie: I am actually looking forward to getting started tomorrow and am hoping (praying) I lose another 6-7 pounds. ;)

By the way all you fat loss 'idiots'. (hehe :w00t:)..I've been off the diet now for 8 days eating whatever I want (steak, loaded baked potatoes, BIRTHDAY CAKE, burritos, fries, pizza, etc. OK, I did eat a few vegi's as well :lol: ) and have not gained any of my weight back. :D I even stuffed myself a couple of times, but I mostly try not to do that. Just thought that might be incentive for you on your upcoming 3 days off. I was honestly scared to death that I would gain back weight immediately once I ate normal food....but nope, I haven't yet! So, look forward to your 3 days and plan some of your fav foods...just do NOT stuff yourself. Shoot, you won't be able too anyhow. Trust me. ;)

OK, off to enjoy my last meal....

LOVE hearing you all are doing so well on the diet! It's fun to lose weight so effortlessly isn't it? Keep on keepin' on! :D

I, for one, am going to have a big huge cheeseburger and some brownies when I finish my 11 days. I'll bet I can't even eat half of it!!

Hubby is continuing to lose weight, while I have stalled. We hiked today so I will see how tomorrow goes. I am actually thinking my caloric intake is too low. We've been busy and I've only gotten 3 out of the 4 meals in for the last 2 days.

Tomorrow is day 10. I can do anything for 2 days.

Michele

Can anyone tell me if this will help if you have a lot of weight to lose? I am very interested but is seems most have only a small amount and unfortunately I have a large amount. :001_smile: Please send me a private message.

Thanks

Just finished salad day (Day #8). I lost 2.9 pounds! I'm down to 190.9 from 199.3, that's 8.4 pounds in 8 days! I'm quite stoked. Three more days and then off to Long Beach, CA, for the convention there ... and I'm eating what I want!

DH lost, too (can't remember how much), so we're both doing well.

Keep up the good work, all!

I weighed in at 158 this morning from 162 on day 1. So that's 4 lbs in 4 days. I am a little shocked and trying to keep my expectations realistic but I am really encouraged. Seeing that quick loss is really an inspiration to keep going.

I keep telling myself that even if the 4 lbs is all I lose that is still awesome.

Dh just got home from Germany so I have some chocolate waiting for me when this is over. I think I might bake some fresh bread and probably have a Mikes' with some chips and salsa. I'm not really craving anything yet.

My eating is usually fairly restrained ( I just haven't been able to lose) so I am hoping I don't go off the deep end on my cheat days. I'll be wearing shorts that didn't fit me before the diet on those days so hopefully that will be a constant reminder :)

keep up the good work everyone!

Marie

No! It is imperative that you suffer for 11 days just like everyone else! :smash:

Hee,hee - OK, you convinced me...I'll keep it up! :svengo: But it is going to be one looooong week! I am on day 6, and am maintaining the 5 lbs. lost. But I do seem to have more energy and it was easier for me to resist the chocolate chip cookies last night. A week ago, I wouldn't have left the room without one!

BTW, I am proud of you guys...you are all doing great! And thanks for the encouragement.

Today I weighed the same. Hubby is down from 229 to 222.2.

I can feel the difference in my clothing though. All L clothes are too big in the middle (my biggest problem).

I am going to keep on keeping on for these last 2 days.

I can do anything for 2 more days. :001_smile:

Michele

Today is day 8, veggie day, for me and I cheated :(

I do not like vegetables at all, except for the occasional salad, so I decided I was just going to make some sort of salad to eat all day. I used lettuce, shredded carrots, and light ranch dressing. I barely choked it down this morning. I felt like I was eating grass :(

So, we're out running errands and I'm starving. Every restaurant that we passed was calling my name. It was soooo hard to drive home without stopping for a burger, or pizza, or something. But I did it, I made it home without stopping.

I compromised and ate fruit instead of veggies. I know I shouldn't have and feel bad about it now. I just keep telling myself, at least it wasn't a burger. I will force myself to have salad again later.

This morning my weight was the same as yesterday. I started to feel disappointed but reminded myself that I've already lost 8 pounds, so it was going to start slowing down. I just hope that my eating fruit today doesn't mess it up too badly.

Today is day 8, veggie day, for me and I cheated :(

I do not like vegetables at all, except for the occasional salad, so I decided I was just going to make some sort of salad to eat all day. I used lettuce, shredded carrots, and light ranch dressing. I barely choked it down this morning. I felt like I was eating grass :(

I compromised and ate fruit instead of veggies. I know I shouldn't have and feel bad about it now. I just keep telling myself, at least it wasn't a burger. I will force myself to have salad again later.

This morning my weight was the same as yesterday. I started to feel disappointed but reminded myself that I've already lost 8 pounds, so it was going to start slowing down. I just hope that my eating fruit today doesn't mess it up too badly.

I am not a big vegetable eater either so I made a soup. I figured it was better than pizza.:tongue_smilie: And, hubby isn't a bean person so I used a pound of hamburger instead. We only ate the soup that day. He lost weight, I didn't. :001_huh:

I haven't lost any weight in a few days, but 6.5 overall is really good for 9 days of dieting and I know I've lost inches. I am going to take the 3 days off and then start again. I figure if I lose 6 pounds each time I will be where I want in a few months.

You can do it!!!

Michele

Edited by Mom24bz1g
wrote in the quotes

No change today so 4 pounds in 5 days. At least I stayed the same and didn't go up. I am pouting, though. It is the first day I didn't lose. I know I have to stay realistic but that instant gratification is awesome. I am definitely one who needs to see results quickly (which I have).

I am happy and satisfied on this diet, though. I don't feel grumpy and deprived. I always feel better on low carb but I just can't eat that way all the time. I think that is why this is good for me. I admit though, the day that was hardest for me was when I got a banana shake and orange-pineapple smoothie. That was the only day that got even a little rough. A guess a few carbs makes me crave more carbs.

Keep at it everyone. I noticed that no one posted on the "who has not lost weight on fat loss for idiots" post. That's encouraging, too.

Marie

Just finished Day #9. I lost another 1.3; that's a total of 9.7 lost. Cool, huh?

Two more days!

Wow! That is cool! How exciting for you!

OK, I am beginning day 2 of my second 11 day round and I am already down 1 pound. ;)

Today is fruit day...:tongue_smilie: Pray for me. Please! :lol:

Today is fruit day...:tongue_smilie: Pray for me. Please! :lol:

Fruit day was hard for me, too, but as I've gone through this diet I have discovered that I really like fruit. I'll be looking forward to it now :D

Enjoy your sandwich!!

Ooooo! I'm excited hearing all your replies everyone! I can't start until Thursday and I'm chomping at the bit.

There'll be a cookout to go to on Saturday, and I was considering waiting until after the cookout, but I just can't wait.

Even my skeptical dh who doesn't normally like to do stuff like this is interested and has agreed to start with me. I wonder if he actually will? I hope so.

:blushing::glare:<< Means I'm embarrassed and mad at myself. I headed into last weekend and didn't make it. Usually the 4th isn't a foodie holiday, but this one was. We wound up going out to lunch with the in-laws, then to a BBQ with friends where there was chips and burgers and dips and desserts. It was just too much.

I also couldn't stand some of the choices I had made in the generator and knew that I could re-generate it. I just scrapped it all and decided to start fresh on Monday.

So I started again yesterday. I did well and am down 2.8 this morning. Today is my fruit and sandwich day and I am planning on being super busy all day. That sandwich will taste mighty good this evening.

I am just so weary of trying to lose weight. But, if I don't try, I never will. And I'll probably get even bigger, so I might as well give this as good a shot as I can.

My grapefruit is calling...

Fruit day was hard for me, too, but as I've gone through this diet I have discovered that I really like fruit. I'll be looking forward to it now :D

Enjoy your sandwich!!

I would like the fruit better if it didn't give me tummy pains. :001_huh: For breakfast I had a peach and an orange which I thoroughly enjoyed, but for the past hour+ I have had sharp pains in my belly. Fruit just doesn't sit well with me...and I have to eat more pain-producing fruit pretty soon. :tongue_smilie: Plus, I get hungry about 30 minutes after I eat it, so not only do I have pain, but a grumbly stomach as well. I think my body is just wierd... it did this on the all veg day too. Makes me feel miserable. I think I'll go try some Tums.

Anyhow, I will DEFINITELY enjoy my sandwich this evening!! I am also looking forward to tomorrow's normal food.

I would like the fruit better if it didn't give me tummy pains. :001_huh: For breakfast I had a peach and an orange which I thoroughly enjoyed, but for the past hour+ I have had sharp pains in my belly. Fruit just doesn't sit well with me...and I have to eat more pain-producing fruit pretty soon. :tongue_smilie: Plus, I get hungry about 30 minutes after I eat it, so not only do I have pain, but a grumbly stomach as well. I think my body is just wierd... it did this on the all veg day too. Makes me feel miserable. I think I'll go try some Tums.

Oooh, sorry the fruit causes you pain :( Maybe it's the acid? You don't have an ulcer or gall bladder problems, do you? That must be terrible :(

I am still having the hunger problems, too. I thought it was just me, since I'm used to eating a lot more food. The food seems to be filling while I'm eating, but 20-30 minutes later my stomach is grumbling again. I think that's why other diets don't work for me. I need a plan like this where I'm being told exactly what to eat. Otherwise, I eat too much because I always feel hungry. I'm thinking that I need to make a plan for my 3 days off. I know I'll get to eat whatever I want, but I'm afraid I'll try to eat everything that I've been missing if I don't have a written plan for my meals :tongue_smilie:

Wow everyone - You're all doing so great!!! Keep going. We can do it.

Lucy (I think) - That's the idea. Just start again. Don't get discouraged. When we sent hubby to college in his late 20's with two kids underbelt, it seemed so daunting. But, we reasoned, if we never start, we will never finish and in 3 years could have a degree or be where we were that day. I hope that makes sense.

I too have started this diet with my friend, a year or so ago, and only did a few days. I, however, didn't get back on it. I did nothing. Therefore, my weight did nothing either. :glare:

So, starting again was the perfect idea. I have been playing with the diet generator and looking through the whole 11 days of food to make sure I like the combos before I printed it out.

Melissa - I wonder if you ate cooked fruit if that would work better for you. Maybe a fruit compost type "dessert".

Day 10 results:

Today hubby is 221.8/229

I am 167.8/175 (after 4 days *I think* of no weight loss, I finally lost another pound)

My goal was 10 pounds, but 7.2 works for me also.

I have decided to eat whatever I want for the next 3 days (today is my 11th day on this diet) but stick to 4 meals.

I also want to say that while I have stayed for the most part completely on the diet (except for the soup and switching of some proteins because of availability) hubby has cheated and still lost. So, don't get discouraged if you don't follow it 100%, just keep going forward.

Good job everyone.

I am looking forward to seeing how Melissa does on her second go around. Thanks everyone for continuing to post.

Michele