Menu

Overwhelmed with packing for a week at the beach!

We're going to be spending next week in a condo at the beach, and I'm completely overwhelmed with the amount of packing I have to do. We need to bring our own towels and linens, plus we're bringing some food (can't afford to eat out every meal), and the weather's supposed to be rainy and stormy all week (:cursing:) so I need to pack toys and books etc. This is all on top of the regular amount of summer clothing we'll need, plus some warmer clothing because of the bad weather, plus extras in case of accidents and because DD6 is sensory-sensitive about her clothing. Oh, and bikes and the bedrail too. I'm so paranoid about forgetting something important, and I'm afraid it won't all fit in my MINIVAN. Do I need to bring toilet paper? Hand towels? I need to go buy sleep diapers and eyeliner and underwear, and I hate my swimsuit...aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

OK, with that little vent over, does anyone have any suggestions for things I must not forget? We've never done this before; we've only ever stayed at motels or with friends who were already fully equipped. If, in your experience, you've come across things you wish you'd known in advance, please share.

TIA!

I hate packing too! See if your condo has a washer/dryer and pack half the clothes for a week and just do some laundry. For me I'd rather do a few loads of laundry than have to pack, unpack, and pack up again a ton of clothes when we leave. We also rent the linens and towels - cost is very reasonable and you do not have to wash them before you return them. Also, I make a list of food/toiletries that I can shop for once I am there. (if you are coffee drinkers don't forget to get filters!) Hope this helps!

Don't forget the beach toys or plan on buying them. My dh always hates trying to fit the buckets and plastic trucks into the car. :) You will need less than you think. I find they don't need as much entertainment as I think they do. They will play outside in the rainy weather too and you will go on day trips if it's really bad.

Could you take sleeping bags for the kids rather than bed linens? Also don't overpack on clothing. Take 1 outfit for each day and a sweatshirt and jeans and then add extra underwear. Remember on thedays you are at the beach you will be in your swimsuits all day so you may not even end up wearing that day's clothing. In terms of food take stuff already made, such as meatballs and then you just have to heat it up and boil water for the noodles.

Have fun!

Ugh, I hear ya! We stayed at our very first condo in early May. Like you, I was amazed at the amount of stuff I had to pack! And like you, it had to fit into a mini van as well.

Dont forget things like trash bags, laundry detergent, dish soap, dryer tablets. Are plates/cups/silverware/dishes provided? Food, toiletries, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.

It was definitely a pain to pack but we had a great time! We were just very crowded on the way down and back!