Menu

schoolroom

People say that colors greatly effect attitude & attention! You might want to google & do some digging.

I think REd is a stimulatory color.

Oh, also, think about light and brightness. The brighter the lighting, the healthier for your eyes... some colors absorb more. Might be helpful to consider this too.

BTW... I love red. Not meant to discourage!

Edited by Dirtroad

My kids picked the color. It isn't as bright as a tomato. The color isn't bad. Our room is huge with a lot of sunlight.

Can you use it as an accent wall or trim? Maybe some of the furnishings in the room could be painted that color? I couldn't work in a room with all the walls that color, but that's just me.

Our powder room is red and I wouldn't do a classroom in red. For me the color is too intense.

If you plan to have your children's artwork or posters hanging in the room then I would pick something soothing and neutral for a backdrop color. I think you will get enough color and energy from the objects hanging on your wall.

Our classroom was also our dining room. One wall is a dark red, almost cranberry, the other 3 are goldish with a hint of orange.

My dh had red and orange walls in our former house, here 2 are red, 2 are dark grey.

I will say to experiment with lots of samples and prime with tinted primer. Anything in the red family is hard to get right, you'll want to see the color in the room and at different times of the day. Red will take 2-3 coats to cover well also.

Hmmm. That's a tough one. I have an olive green living room, an orange kitchen, a dark yellow/orange dining room, soft blue bedroom, sage green bathroom, and bright yellow play/school room. So I love color.

However, I'd be careful with red in the school room. Maybe just one wall of red? But then I'm not sure what the other walls could be to match it.

Check out what mood red creates. It's just sooo bold and ends up being dark. My olive green walls look almost black at night because it's a dark color.

And my sunny yellow play/school room looks neon at night. Something about the lightbulbs makes it ugly. It's gorgeous in the natural light all day, but pretty ugly at night, so maybe paint a small portion and then check it out at different times of the day before committing to the whole room.

I painted mine yellow and blue! Of course, it's in the basement with no windows, so it was as close to a blue sky, sunny day that I could get! :)

So did we! I love the combination.

Red would be too much for me, but everyone is different.:001_smile: