Menu

Snickers Cake, anyone?

Reg turns, well, REALLY OLD, today. But that's beside the point...

DD16 asked me the other day what type of cake I wanted for my birthday and I, being the creative genius/smart alec that I am, took one look at the Snickers bar in my hand and said "a Snickers cake".

Well, she has scoured the internet and found quite a few recipes for Snickers cake. Armed with this information along with MomsintheGarden's brown-ribbon-winning chocolate cake recipe and Baking Illustrated, she has synthesized her own creation.

After lunch today I will assist in the testing of this latest chemistry experiment. I will report my findings here to this esteemed board...

Reg turns, well, REALLY OLD, today. But that's beside the point...

Well, if you are any where near my age, I am offended. :D Now go out and hug a tree in the rain. Several.

I did beam up a message to the mother ship, requesting that they instruct your talking microwave to sing you a chorus of Happy Birthday~ :lol:

Don't forget to report the recipe.
No recipe, yet. Sorry!

The Snickers Cake was a big success in that we all liked it! That said, it did not quite match the taste of a Snickers candy bar. We all felt that there was a little too much caramel and there could have been a few more nuts. Here's a photo of the cake:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1053&stc=1&d=1245199604

I think it got kinda stuck in our dot-matrix printer, making "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY" kinda hard to read. Unfortunately, the tombstone is VERY easy to read! :001_rolleyes:

Anyway, I will task DD16 with producing a recipe along with her suggested improvements.

post-9943-1353508289185_thumb.jpg

post-9943-1353508289185_thumb.jpg

Well, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Reg! As it turns out, you share a birthday with a really cool individual- Me!

Snickers cake, eh? Sounds good, and looks good, even if the font is a little difficult to read!

-Robin

Happy one-day-late birthday to you, as well, Robin! It's an honor to share a birthday with such a cool individual! ;)