Menu

New Englanders - Storyland

Aaahh, my favorite family vacation spot! We have gone every year for the last 9 years! This will be our tenth and final year. You couldn't ask for a more family friendly spot. It is clean, fun and reasonably priced. They allow you to bring in a picnic lunch, but the food is fairly priced, too. We all love it but the girls have simply outgrown it. If you have young children and are in NH, it is not to be missed. Be sure to visit the Old Woman in the Shoe for a sticker, put your name on the tree, get a picture on the Bamboo Chutes and visit the Chapel behind Heidi's house!

There are lots of other things in the area, too. Echo Lake is beautiful for a swim and you can't beat the view from Cathedral Ledge (well, you can beat it by driving to the top of Mt. Washington, but Cathedral Ledge is a quick ride for a lovely view!) We are headed up there next week and we can't wait! Can you tell I love my home state?

We love Storyland. When dd was around 5 we had the grandest time there. After we left the park we went to McDonalds and guess who was there, Cinderella. DD said, "Mommy, Mommy, Cinderella is over there in her jeans!" She was so excited she couldn't stand it. We walked over and spoke with her and she told us no had ever recognized her in her jeans before. :lol: and that Prince Charming would be around in his carriage to pick her up soon. It was a lovely moment. This is the same child that spotted Santa Claus eating pizza at the mall in July. Ah, the good ole days.