Menu

Pretty sad day here.....

I just took my "teacher desk" in the schoolroom down. It really serves no purpose anymore. I'm going to put a round breakfast room type table there to join another, both for games and for little company to use for eating when we have parties.

The kids still have their computers set up in here, but a lot of the time they do school work in their rooms. The plan is for the 16 yr old to begin college classes this fall. This is turning into a gamey room, with chess and trivial pursuit things up on the tables.

I thought it was a bit sad anyhow. The kids seem unmoved.

I'll take the toddler. I'm a grandma wannabee. :lol:

That'll work for me. It'll work for her since you sound like you're more fun than I am atm. I'll keep the baby because your booKs don't work anymore ;) And he's really very cute even if he eats all day and all night.

I think I'm a grandma wannabee too. I like being a mum, but a grandma sounds even better. I hope my kids have more kids than I do.

:)

Rosie

That happened here, too. The schoolroom turned into a computer/game/library room. Even the games are different than they used to be. I never thought I'd miss Candy Land or Monopoly Jr.

I miss the old days when the kids were in K-5 the most. I wish I had a do-over because it was so much fun.

We do still have a closet full of science kits and dead frogs, etc., though. At least there's that, for when we get a round tuit.

Edited by RoughCollie

Or are you another grandma wannabe who is keeping them for her grandkids' "Camp Grandma?"

:)

Rosie

You better believe it! I still have Playmobil sets, Fisher-Price dollhouse furniture, a castle set, and so forth, and a complete library of picture books the kids refused to give up, all ready for grandchildren. I did have DD's baby clothes, but she decided to give 99% of them to Salvation Army.

When the kids quit playing with toys, I realized why people want grandchildren so much. They are essential -- just not yet.

I love everything about kids.

We are going to dissect the dead frogs and other assorted preserved critters after we move to Pennsylvania in a couple of weeks. I can hardly wait! (The kids are not as enthusiastic -- yet -- about dissection.)

You better believe it! I still have Playmobil sets, Fisher-Price dollhouse furniture, a castle set, and so forth, and a complete library of picture books the kids refused to give up, all ready for grandchildren. I did have DD's baby clothes, but she decided to give 99% of them to Salvation Army.

When the kids quit playing with toys, I realized why people want grandchildren so much. They are essential -- just not yet.

:iagree:

I still have the baby & toddler & preschool toys and board books & picture books -- all in my storage room and waiting for the grandkids someday!

And I kept a few of the baby clothes and several of the frilly dresses EK used to wear when she was in 2T-4T sizes.