Menu

Funny homeschool comic strip

I think Mallard's pretty funny. That last strip was in our paper years ago, with parents squalling up and down about how it shouldn't have been run. I wrote a letter to the editor basically saying they didn't like it because it was true. They printed it, I got the last word.

People ought to lighten up. I think most homeschooling jokes are fun.

But when it is making fun of public school kids, or vice versa, it is making the side doing the "joking" look pathetic. Kind of like when I was a kid....the kids who people thought were funny were the ones who got a laugh out of others by making fun of someone else. I just think there is a better way to make your point without making fun of someone.

Lighten up, dear!:) The problem with today's society is that everyone is so concerned- often to the point of anxiety- about being politically correct and never, ever, ever stepping on anyone's toes that they forget how to laugh at themselves!!

-Robin (a blonde who adores blonde jokes)

People ought to lighten up. I think most homeschooling jokes are fun.

:iagree: That comic strip is funny and it needs to read by every anti-homeschooling person who cries out, "What about socialization???!!!" Geesh - homeschoolers are ridiculed, laughed at, sneered at, etc. If a non-homeschooler can't see the humor in that comic strip, they have a serious humor deficit!

It is a perfectly reasonable and acceptable response to all those folks out there whining that homeschoolers are anti-social, too cloistered to make it in the real world, and so on. But instead of responding in a prosaic essay format, it was framed in a humorous comic strip. I think putting it in that framework makes it easier for homeschool opponents to see the holes in their reasoning and perhaps see their judgemental attitudes in a different light.

It's funny. I went to public school...(well, before I was homeschooled) and I think it's funny. Comic strips are meant to have a point! That's why men have been killed for having funny comic strips...or poems.... They SPEAK:-) Who would argue that children do better in places away from their homes...from almost the moment they're home? (Well, there are people who would argue that...)

Even if I put my children back in school, the point is still made. Education at it's finest....is at home. (of course, if the student is truly being educated) And of course, if I feel that my children should be educated somewhere else, off they go. (and that might happen!)

But when it is making fun of public school kids, or vice versa, it is making the side doing the "joking" look pathetic. Kind of like when I was a kid....the kids who people thought were funny were the ones who got a laugh out of others by making fun of someone else. I just think there is a better way to make your point without making fun of someone.

Bull hockey. A comic strip poking fun at a group of people is nothing like a person singling out someone to bully. For Pete's sake, let's just crawl around on our hands and knees begging forgiveness from anyone who looks at us sideways. Maybe we should all just try to be exactly the same so no one is offended.

Lighten up, dear!:) The problem with today's society is that everyone is so concerned- often to the point of anxiety- about being politically correct and never, ever, ever stepping on anyone's toes that they forget how to laugh at themselves!!

-Robin (a blonde who adores blonde jokes)

From one blonde to another... :iagree: