Menu

My ds6 is really into historical disasters...

I will add though that I have chosen to limit information with regard to modern historical tragedies for another year or two. There is time for that when he is a bit more mature. We have focused on Ancient and Medieval history at this point but he is drawn to the more gory parts. He absolutely loved Sutcliff's version of the Illiad which I though was very gory in parts.

That's good to hear. My son is a history nut! He can sit and be read a history text and ask for more. The dark stuff does worry me a bit though. We just started SOTW 1: Ancients. Picking dead peoples brains out is pretty gory! I thought of just reading SOTW 4, narrative story. But, I also just read here that #4 is being re-made for a younger audience - how gory is the original? Thanks

Yeah, it can be. The Johnstown flood, and mid-century flooding in Louisiana before the levee system was put in place are interesting stories, as is the story of the hurricane that diminished Grand Isle, Louisiana to half of what it had been, Hurricane Camille stories, etc. Also, mine always liked the stories of explorers attempting the poles during the 19th century and failing....