Menu

How can you get ink off a leather chair safely?

I think hair spray is supposed to solve this problem. Maybe google that?

ETA that I just did, and the recommendation is to just use plain rubbing alcohol, since other components in the hair spray could damage the leather.

HTH!

Edited by melissel
Clarifying

If you have some rubber stamp cleaner, then that might work. I haven't tried it on leather, though, but I do know it works when you drop an inkpad on your kitchen floor if you clean it up immediately! LOL! I hope you find something that works for you!

You can try a woolite and water solution cut 10:1. (1 part woolite to 10 parts water). Use a soft terry small towel or a microfiber and wash the area and then rinse with clean water and a separate towel and dry right away to avoid streaking. :) Good luck. :)

Yeah, my kids got a little line of ballpoint ink on it, and the repairman came to fix it with a little unmarked bottle and a q-tip, and he was rather secretive about his , and really discouraged me from doing anything on my own. He felt more people messed up their leather in stain removal attempts than they would have if they would have just called him, etc etc...

But I suspect it was rubbing alcohol. ;)