Menu

is there a book out there that is specifically about drawing geometric figures?

Nicole M

The only way I can get my 12yo son through a math lesson is to bribe him with time to draw and bisect angles and play with triangles at the end. That boy loves his compass and protractor and he loves drawing. We've been working through the information in the math section of What Your Sixth Grader Needs to Know as well as the geometry sections in our intensive practice (Singapore) math books.

I've looked ahead at more advanced math books, and they have sections here and there with various exercises for drawing figures, but we need a whole book of figures that we can work through. Do you know of such a book? I hope this is not a dumb question. I searched Amazon but didn't really know which search words to use to ask for what I was looking for, you know?

Thanks!

Some thoughts:

Right Start geometry program (middle grades) - heavy on constructions

Math Mammoth has some geometry units

Key to Geometry books

Waldorf Geometry for Homeschoolers or Geometry Lessons in the Waldorf School volume 2

Complete a Sketch or Practical Drafting

Some thoughts:

Right Start geometry program (middle grades) - heavy on constructions

Math Mammoth has some geometry units

Key to Geometry books

Waldorf Geometry for Homeschoolers or Geometry Lessons in the Waldorf School volume 2

Complete a Sketch or Practical Drafting

Have you seen or used those Waldorf books?

Also, I just realized that Drawing Geometry, mentioned by Stacia, is published by Floris, which publishes many books used in the Waldorf schools / community. I've requested a copy through interlibrary loan to check it out.