Menu

Sad i'm missing FPEA this year.

I thought i was ok with not going, but i'm not. I should be going tonight to walk around and plan what to hit tomorrow.

I am sad to not be buying anything new and fun for the kids.... i'm sad to be missing the time to look at stuff and gather new ides to implement.

:crying:

:grouphug:

I am not going, either. I went last year and had a good time. It just is not possible for me to go this year due to our finances. Mostly I am okay with it, but am a bit sad.

I just remind myself that I ended up spending too much money last year and did too much damage to the credit card.:glare: Then I think of the bargains I have found and will find at used book sales here locally. And, there is always next year. Our car will be paid off later this year, and hopefully, if nothing else terrible happens, I can save up money to go next year.:)

Besides, I noticed a lot of the workshops are pretty much the same as last year and previous years.

I thought i was ok with not going, but i'm not. I should be going tonight to walk around and plan what to hit tomorrow.

I am sad to not be buying anything new and fun for the kids.... i'm sad to be missing the time to look at stuff and gather new ides to implement.

:crying:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm not going either. To be honest I have never gone in all my years of homeschooling. Not because I didn't want to but for other reasons. I always hear from other homeschooler's though that it is fantastic. I hope you can go next year. :grouphug:

Oh, I completely understand! I have gone to the FPEA every year for the last 6 years. I decided it was just too much money to go this year and too far to go. Part of the reason is because I will be in FL in just two weeks to go camping with our old Girl Scout troop. I couldn't justify two trips to see basically the same group of friends all in one month. So, I opted out and absolutely felt miserable when I talked to one of my FL friends yesterday about her leaving for the convention. Then something that has nothing to do with homeschooling happened. I won tickets to the Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte NC for Sunday evening. I got to thinking that the NC homeschool convention is going on this weekend and we were already going to the race because it is free. We have free hotel points to cover our hotel. I looked it up and the convention is only an hour away from the race. I talked to dh and we decided to go to both as an early anniversary trip. I am just going to the vendor hall on Saturday - not the same as the WHOLE FPEA convention, but it is something. This has made me think I need to save my money for next year's FPEA convention early because I now know that even if I say I am okay with not going - I really am not okay with not going!