Menu

Did anyone watch GLEE last night on Fox?

I liked it and will watch it in the fall. However, I was hoping my 11 year old DD would be able to watch it, but I don't think that will be an option. There are several story lines that seem to be heading in a direction that I don't think is appropriate for her.

I did let DD watch it last night and she asked, "Is that really how it is in high school?" (several kids were bullied and picked on) I told her that it is for some kids. It's definitely not the High School Musical variety!

I thought it was funny too. My dd (11) watched the last half with me. I also think the story lines are headed in a direction I don't want her to watch. I don't think it will become a show I have to watch, but it was entertaining.

For some reason they had an ad for the upcoming season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager and my dd looked at the ad and said "I'm confused". Now there's a show I don't ever want her to watch (teen pregnancy, sex, extramarital affairs), but I digress....

I thought it was very funny and cute. Yes, corny -- that's sort of the point. ;) And no, not appropriate for kids. But even dh (who was highly skeptical in the first few minutes), came around and laughed aloud through much of it. We're both looking forward to the season.

And, of course, Lea Michele is *phenomenal*. The idea that a high school glee club might have someone with her talent in it was one of the most absurd things about the whole show. :o)

I thought it was very funny and cute. Yes, corny -- that's sort of the point. ;) And no, not appropriate for kids. But even dh (who was highly skeptical in the first few minutes), came around and laughed aloud through much of it. We're both looking forward to the season.

And, of course, Lea Michele is *phenomenal*. The idea that a high school glee club might have someone with her talent in it was one of the most absurd things about the whole show. :o)

I loved it! Nothing like the band/choir/drama nerds being the center of the show. Don't we have enough "Friday Night Lights" stuff out there. ;) But no, not for kids, I didn't expect it to be.