Menu

What's on your "bucket list"?

I actually had a written list of these things going for several years now. I started it when I was going through a divorce and decided I needed to create a new life and start LIVING, instead of just making it through the day.

By the grace of God, I'm already moving forward on several of these. :001_smile:

Marine live reef aquarium (started that 2 yrs ago and still going strong, joined a club even)

Learning to sail (started that 2 yrs ago with a formal certification process and trying to get back to it, will be joining a club in the fall)

Learn to draw

Learn to paint watercolor

Finishing my degree (I started back at it 1 1/2 yrs ago - 2 more semesters to go!)

Learn to figure skate (I living in Florida - haha, but there are a couple of indoor rinks around)

Take my kids to experience the places we've only read about, i.e. riding a camel up to the Great Pyramids, seeing the ruins of Greece, walk where Jesus did, etc.

Spend a month sailing around the Greek Isles

Travel to Italy, Paris, Spain, Australia, and a few other places

Have my own business (got that one in process - 2 businesses actually)

Learn to scuba dive

Become an accomplished piano player

Just looking at all this again reminded me I need to update my list!

It sounds like you've come a long way.

I've been to Rome, Madrid, London and Libson. I would like to go back to Portugal with my boys. My dh & I went on our honeymoon to Portugal and loved it!

France, Austria, Egypt, Israel, Greece are on my list.

I really need to get back to Rome (I visited once in 1984 or so) and many other destinations that I want to see -- the great Pyramids, Lourdes, Hawaii, Alaska, places in Europe I'd like to re-visit - Venice, in particular.

I need to be able to see all my girls married and cuddle many grandbabies, and maybe even great-grandbabies. I am positively drooling at the thought of holding two newborns (cousins) this summer. Baby fever, me? Never! LOL.

I'd like to get away with my husband and not have to worry about the kids. (fat chance - maybe in another 10 years).

I have a couple of hundred classics to read or listen to. I need to finish my conversion to Catholicism (very involved but do-able). I'd love to go on a cruise sponsored by National Review and meet all my journalist heroes. (sigh).

I'd like to go to a real fancy spa and get "the works" including a facial and mud-bath - the kind that takes 5 years off your face & body.

I need to finish learning Latin. And I'd like to start my own private school. And maybe (I pray) my husband will allow me more bookcases to display my beloved books.

These views are expressed in no particular order, but if worse came to worse I know that certain items are more important than others. In a nutshell, I've got a LOT of living to do.

1. Become healthy in spirit, body and mind.

Wear a size that's not in the double digits would be VERY nice. (joined a gym)

2. Obtain a bachelor's degree (enrolled and starting next month!)

3. Appreciate the beauty around me and share it with others (my kids especially).

4. Have financial peace (working on it, one bill paid off, one to go before I'm debt free!)

5. Travel

a. US Road Trips

b. Foreign countries

6. Own a home.

7. Learn how to take breathtaking photos

8. Scuba Dive

9. Love deeply

10. This is way down on my list for a reason: get over my fear of heights which paralyzes me and causes me to have panic attacks and limits my experiences.

I have just recently started thinking about this and I haven't written anything down yet but some things I can think of off the top of my head:

I would like to read all the books I currently own

I would like to learn to play the guitar and violin

I would like to learn Latin

I want to sew a quilt

I want to crochet a blanket and maybe knit some funky socks

I used to draw really well. I haven't pciked up a pencil since I had children and I would really like to develop that skill some more.

I would like to learn to paint.

My whole family would really like me to frame all my pictures.

I want to paint my house and finish my bathroom.

I would like to go through Analytical Grammar myself, make my own time line and write my book.

I would like to own or at least manage a bookstore.

Those are things at the surface of my mind that I don't even have to give a lot of though too.

I really need to get back to Rome (I visited once in 1984 or so) and many other destinations that I want to see -- the great Pyramids, Lourdes, Hawaii, Alaska, places in Europe I'd like to re-visit - Venice, in particular.

I need to be able to see all my girls married and cuddle many grandbabies, and maybe even great-grandbabies. I am positively drooling at the thought of holding two newborns (cousins) this summer. Baby fever, me? Never! LOL.

I have a couple of hundred classics to read or listen to.

I'd like to start my own private school.

These views are expressed in no particular order, but if worse came to worse I know that certain items are more important than others. In a nutshell, I've got a LOT of living to do.

We have a lot in common. I have never been to the places you mentioned, but would really love to visit there.

I would also like to see my daughter get married and have babies.

I have a bunch of classic books sitting on my shelf that I really want to read and I am still hoping at some point I can open a private school. I never knew anyone else who wanted to do this. Of course for me that means I would have to go back to school first.