Menu

My kids just made the most amazing Saturday breakfast...

So, it's Saturday morning here, and I was given strict instructions to stay away from the kitchen :001_huh: Dh is away, so I hung out on the computer for awhile until breakfast was ready. The table was set beautifully with lavender sprigs, candle etc. They had cooked egg parcels (inspired by TV's Master Chef which we have been watching), long croutons; and cheese, onion and basil muffins (which were delicious). Also fresh fruit salad in parfait glasses served with yogurt and lemon zest, juice, and a pot of tea. It was like a restaurant :)

And then we read poetry.:001_smile:

And now they are cleaning up :hurray:

What a great way to start Saturday. :)

Had to share.

Hmmm.

Well it's Saturday here too. And my morning was no where near as good. Mine was more along the lines of:

"Good morning Mommy! Can I have some breakfast now?"

Which would be sweet and cute if it wasn't for the fact that it was 6:30am. On a SATURDAY! And happens most Saturdays!

This kid wakes up earlier, on his own, on the weekends then he ever wakes up during the week! And I'm not a morning person!

Oh yeah, I'm jealous. And not just for the good food you got!

Oh, I am sooooooooooooo jealous - we are avid watchers of Master Chef here, too, and those egg thingies had me salivating. Did they do them in GladWrap? If they did, I'm very impressed. I'm too scared to try that one myself :001_smile: Next time I expect an invite. You probably need to give me about 12 hours to get there... :drool:

Oh, I am sooooooooooooo jealous - we are avid watchers of Master Chef here, too, and those egg thingies had me salivating. Did they do them in GladWrap? If they did, I'm very impressed. I'm too scared to try that one myself :001_smile:

Yes, in Cling Wrap. They look great, just like a little parcel with a twist at the top. I was going to try to make them too, but the girls beat me to it. The trick is getting the timing just right, so the egg is still runny enough to dip the croutons in. Very cool!! :001_smile:

My girls were pretty interested in the tortellini too, but we don't have one of those pasta machine thingies. Maybe I should invest in one. I'd love to make my own pasta.

So, who do you think will go the distance in Master Chef? Maybe it's a bit early to tell....

Oh, I am sooooooooooooo jealous - we are avid watchers of Master Chef here, too, and those egg thingies had me salivating. Did they do them in GladWrap? If they did, I'm very impressed. I'm too scared to try that one myself :001_smile: Next time I expect an invite. You probably need to give me about 12 hours to get there... :drool:

wavesmile.gifHi, Lucy!