Menu

So I found a lump

stephanier.1765

At first it started as a discoloration on my areola, then yesterday I noticed it had become about pea sized and hard. From what I've found on google, it is most likely an infection of a duct but I wanted to see if this is the same as others have experienced. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What was the result?

Right now I'm in the middle of my son's wedding chaos. The wedding is Tuesday and we are all in getting ready mode and completing DIYs so I really don't want to deal with this right now. However, a little peace of mind can go along way to relieve some of the stress.

Sounds similar to what my sister had happen a few months ago.  She didn't find it the nurse did at her annual exam.  They had her go in for a scan (about 2 weeks later) it grew so that by then she could feel it and it freaked her out.  Ended up being an infected duct.  Neither of us thought that's what it would be since our experience with duct infections (mastitis) was during breastfeeding and that's a whole different experience. I'd go ahead and call Dr. on Monday and make an appointment for after the wedding stuff, that way at least that step is taken care of and you can focus on other stuff.

• Like 1

It's probably okay, but you really should be seen to rule out anything serious.  

ETA:  I agree with the others to make an appt. and try not to think about it so you can enjoy the wedding.  Congratulations to your son!

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 2

When I've gone through my scares, the best site for info for me has been the boards/forums at breastcancer.org   

I'm sorry you're going through this right now, although no time is a good time.

I'd call and make an appointment for the end of the week if you can, and just try and enjoy your son's wedding as much as possible. :)

• Like 2

Thanks all.  I'm definitely going in. If I have time, I'll call tomorrow but otherwise I'll call Wednesday when life has calmed down to a dull roar. I really think it's an infection but finding a lump still feels scary since my mom had breast cancer. I'm not telling anyone until I know for sure either way and maybe not even then. I hate when people worry.

• Like 3

We recently had a bc thread, like within the last month, or two? Time flies. What I was concerned about wasn't a concern and the examiner found something else that concerned her, so in I went for a scan. Mine was a traumatized oil gland, that I had felt but wasn't concerned about. 

Hugs, a lot of us have been in your shoes.