Menu

Christmas gift ideas, travel theme?

Moonhawk

Every year we do a theme for the kids' Christmas gifts. This year it's travel, since we plan to do more this coming year (on the road, if that makes a difference). We're getting a Landmass travel tracker map of the US, a toiletry bag for each kid, but I'm drawing a blank otherwise. 

I saw a mermaid blanket that my daughter would like, and would travel well, but don't know of a boy equivalent I could give her brothers. Any ideas? (It's the type that looks like a mermaid tail when you get into it)

What else do you give kids for travel? Anything besides travel games? 

Those kid activity atlases.

Travel bingo and/or a game like "Are we there yet?" or travel scavenger hunt

A travel activity pack with a storage clipboard, some twistable color pencils (don't need sharpeners, don't melt), and some paper, washi tape, etc.

A photo book for a postcard collection, or a storage book for a smashed penny collection.

A junior ranger something (hat, vest, game) if you're going to be visiting Nat'l Parks

• Like 1

Headphones

Maybe a neck pillow for the boys as a mermaid blanket equivalent?

This wouldn’t be for the actual trips, but how about one of those USA scratch-off maps? I bought one this year for a family member and it looks like it’s pretty cool. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XD7MRLN/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1513541508&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=usa+scratch+off+map&dpPl=1&dpID=61aTPGfFSXL&ref=plSrch

I bought this one, but there are many options.

• Like 1