Menu

mulit-quote suddenly stopped working again

It is not working for me either. It must be mysteriously tied to quote notifications...Because ya know, correlation = causation! ;)

Even more mysteriously, multi quote started working again when the notifications went away in February.

Dealing with these boards must be so frustrating.

• Like 1

Me too.  When I press the "MultiQuote" button, it goes immediately to a posting box with the quote.  I prefer to hit multiquote as I go through a thread, each time I come across a post that I may wish to respond to, then sort through the various posts as I compose my response.  Going right to Quote obviously doesn't work for that.

I am also REALLY missing the ability to edit the code.  It's especially frustrating when including a brief quote from another source, as often the source's formatting is included when I cut and paste.  I like to make the formatting uniform and suitable to my purposes, which I can't do if I can't get to the code.

As Lady Florida said, the combo of no multi-quote and no code means I can't manually create multi-quotes.  :-(

That said, of course, the boards are great even without these features, and I appreciate them being here.  :-)

Regular Quotes should be working now. I will look into multiquotes since if they stopped working yesterday, I am sure tapatalk has something to do with it. Do you all have tapatalk installed on your mobile devise?

No, I'm just on a pc and laptop.

Is it possible that Tapatalk being associated with a user's id could be involved in the problem? 

A while back when I was first accessing the forums on my phone (through links in notification or digest emails) I got the message that the WTM forums were on Tapatalk and was encouraged to view them there.  I set myself up to do that, but didn't like the experience (found it problematic), so I ignored Tapatalk from then on and simply viewed the forums through a browser instead.  I never completely killed off my userid's connection to Tapatalk.

Could simply having started the Tapatalk set-up for one's WTM userid be contributing to the continuing problems?  Have all of the users who are having problems set up their userids to access the forums through Tapatalk, even if they aren't always using Tapatalk when visiting the forums?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...