Menu

TV series on Kindle Fire: If we liked Merlin...we will also like: ?

amsunshine

Hi all:

We are a very limited television family -- we mostly netflix movies and lately we've been loving the Merlin series.  This summer, my dd13 and I will be in another city for 5 weeks (dd12 will be with us for part of that time) while she attends a ballet intensive program.   I'm thinking about getting Amazon Prime and loading my Kindle with a few movies and the last Merlin season for us to watch in our downtime.

I'd like to know if there might be another tv series we might be interested in watching/downloading.  If we liked Merlin -- what might we also like? Because I have so little experience with recent tv series, I am not sure.  I've read and heard that Dr. Who is popular, but there are so many different seasons that I wouldn't know where to start.

Any advice?  If you'd recommend Dr. Who, do you recommend a place to start in terms of seasons?  From the very beginning?  Or?

Thanks!!

I'm unsure what's available on Amazon Prime.  Doctor Who is great.  Start with Season 1 if you can.  You can pick up anywhere, but a few things make more sense if you start at the beginning, plus those are some of the best episodes. 

Others shows......BBC's Primeval (very corny, but my dd loved it), Scify's Eureka and Warehouse 13.

I can't think of anything else right now.  I'll have to ask my dd.  She loved Robin Hood, and she watches the most tv out of everyone in our household. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi all:

We are a very limited television family -- we mostly netflix movies and lately we've been loving the Merlin series.  This summer, my dd13 and I will be in another city for 5 weeks (dd12 will be with us for part of that time) while she attends a ballet intensive program.   I'm thinking about getting Amazon Prime and loading my Kindle with a few movies and the last Merlin season for us to watch in our downtime.

I'd like to know if there might be another tv series we might be interested in watching/downloading.  If we liked Merlin -- what might we also like? Because I have so little experience with recent tv series, I am not sure.  I've read and heard that Dr. Who is popular, but there are so many different seasons that I wouldn't know where to start.

Any advice?  If you'd recommend Dr. Who, do you recommend a place to start in terms of seasons?  From the very beginning?  Or?

Thanks!!

You might like Atlantis, but I don't know if it's on Netflix.  Haven't been on in a bit.  Wolfblood is on Netflix, Wizards Vs. Alien (though cheesiness abounds) The Sparticle Mystery might still be on there, but not sure

Oh my goodness, this post is over a year old!  But it's fun to look back.  We decided to go with Doctor Who and got hooked immediately.  We are now in Doctor Who withdrawals while we wait for the new season.  After that, we started Sherlock -- and loved it.  Going through similar withdrawals now that we are finished and waiting for the new season.

Currently, we are watching Downton Abbey, and love it dearly.  We are not sure where to go next, but I will definitely consult this thread again for all the suggestions here.

• Like 2