Menu

What have you done for yourself lately?

Not to brag, but yesterday I got up and took a shower. Then, I put on some make-up. The make-up was the new eye shadow and mascara I had picked up while grocery shopping the previous day. That left me feeling so good that I was even inspired to fix my hair. I'd been thinking I was long overdue for a haircut, but as it turned out, all my hair really needed was a blow drier and curling iron instead of being thrown into the usual "I need a haircut but I'm just going to tie it back" ponytail.

Throughout the day, when passing a mirror or saw it while in the bathroom, I felt a little better than I'd been feeling in a long while. I'd been feeling run-down and old. Turns out, I look better and feel when I shower and do my hair and make-up.

• Like 7

I miss makeup and look forward to the day when I can buy some new makeup without having it wind up being used as "art supplies" by my artistically-talented-but-developmentally-delayed child.

I bought myself a pair of cute new heeled sandals a couple weeks ago. They were from Payless but when I finish my 2nd bachelor's I'm going to splurge and get a nice pair from Zappos or the mall.

• Like 4

I watched Crossing Lines.  I never watch TV for myself.  It is always documentaries for the kids or something DH chose or something DH and I chose together.  I got to bed, couldn't sleep, pulled out my I-Pad mini and watched Crossing Lines off you tube.  DH is out of town so it was "me" time.  The dog joined me. I don't think she liked the show as well as I did.  She was snoring within minutes.  :)

• Like 5

Last night I had to go to Walmart and I splurged and bought myself a pack of underwear. Exciting, huh? But I also got a pair of sun glasses with big, groovy white frames so I can sit in the backyard in the sun without squinting.

Today I bought myself a cup of real coffee at Wawa when I had to stop for dd to use the bathroom.

I also just ate two hot dogs with spicy brown mustard for dinner with no vegetables.

If I had Belgian chocolate pudding from Trader Joe's I'd eat the whole thing, but I don't. I guess I'll just have apple sauce.

All the kids are taken care of for tonight and I have two hours to myself. I have to be on the road early tomorrow for a medical appointment so I should take a shower and dry my hair nicely now, but I don't think I will. I think I'll watch acorn.tv. Too bad I finished all the Doc Martin episodes. I love that guy.

• Like 6

I blew off taking my morning walk so that I could drink my tea and read the WTM forums without a noisy house.

Last week, after realizing I couldn't face another day of phonics, we skipped school and found someone to take us horse back riding (so fun!). 

• Like 1

I got a new bag a few weeks ago that suits me - rugged yet fun and a little off beat - and my needs - expands to carry all the little things 4 kids need me to carry around, plus my stuff, without being awkward or too bulky. Something simple, but when I look at it I see "me" the individual, and the mom, in harmony :-)

• Like 3

I blew off taking my morning walk so that I could drink my tea and read the WTM forums without a noisy house.

Last week, after realizing I couldn't face another day of phonics, we skipped school and found someone to take us horse back riding (so fun!).

Are you sure you skipped school? Horseback riding sounds like a P.E. class. ;)
  • Like 2