Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

- pay bills

- grocery shopping

- laundry

- critter chores (morning and evening)

- get cockleburrs out of pony manes and tails (sigh) - one we sold is leaving tomorrow - so they need to be prettied up.  THEIR idea of this was to go find some cockleburrs in their large pasture...

- pull/cut weeds (and locate cockleburr patch to dispose of!)

- seal driveway

and I guess I ought to contemplate lunch and supper in there somewhere.  I'm not even adding vacuuming as I know that's not happening.

I've been at school most of the week, so it all piles up and not much of it can be put off this time.  The day is starting rather sore.  I doubt it will get better.

Oh, and the cat is staring at me.  Apparently I need to fill his dish - or open the door - or both.  One would think I would be MUCH better at understanding "cat" by now.  Soon he will be up here pressing his case if I don't catch the hint.  That much I've figured out!  ;)

Off to my habitat steward training all day----native plants vs invasive plants, attracting wildlife, site design, etc.

:party:

And then I'll have to do some reading, perhaps a load of laundry, and make an easy dinner. Dd is at ballet all day (has a performance tomorrow in the community). Dh will be enjoying a day for his hobbies: has to move a homebrew from the primary to the secondary carboy, wants to take more pictures for the photography MOOC, and is going to start cutting the stack of cypress boards to make my new raised garden.

:party:

Off to shower! Have a good day, all :)

Creek, our cat is much less subtle.  If he wants a pat, he's up in your face and will even grab your hand with his paws to show you what you are supposed to do.  And if he wants food, he's very vocal about it.  I'm fairly sure that if I understood cat, that I would have to wash out his mouth at times!  Oh and water, if he's out of water, he will ring his metal water dish by hitting it with his paw.  We all butle for the cat.  

Creek, our cat is much less subtle.  If he wants a pat, he's up in your face and will even grab your hand with his paws to show you what you are supposed to do.  And if he wants food, he's very vocal about it.  I'm fairly sure that if I understood cat, that I would have to wash out his mouth at times!  Oh and water, if he's out of water, he will ring his metal water dish by hitting it with his paw.  We all butle for the cat.  

Ours is still hoping the Jedi mind control works.  He keeps trying, although now he is hard at work getting his 20 hours of sleep daily in.  ;)

- pay bills

- grocery shopping

- laundry (in progress)

- critter chores (morning and evening)

- get cockleburrs out of pony manes and tails (sigh) - one we sold is leaving tomorrow - so they need to be prettied up.  THEIR idea of this was to go find some cockleburrs in their large pasture...

- pull/cut weeds (and locate cockleburr patch to dispose of!) Not happening today (sigh).

- seal driveway (in progress, though hubby is doing it all himself - such a GREAT guy!)

and I guess I ought to contemplate lunch and supper in there somewhere.

We ended up with strombolis for lunch... I went out to bring them home.  Does that count for anything?  Supper will likely be salad.

And as always, getting up and moving around a bit, while miserable at first, has helped overall, so that makes life a little bit better.  Mentally this morning I was ready to either give up or really fight with someone.  Fortunately, the cat was too cute to go around kicking and "giving" up wouldn't make me actually feel any better, so I got off my duff and plodded on!  I wonder if I should get this cat a "pet therapy" vest.  :lol: