Menu

American Ebola patients have been released from the hospital!

thessa516

Wow! Amazing & so hopeful that both of them were able to recover. Hopefully there will be some benefits for others from what they've learned during the treatment here....

Yes, I think I read there was to be a press conference. Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were enough info/samples derived from these two patients to really break ground on a feasible cure? Must be an exciting time to be a virologist.

Yes, I think I read there was to be a press conference. Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were enough info/samples derived from these two patients to really break ground on a feasible cure? Must be an exciting time to be a virologist.

I read an article...  yesterday maybe?... about possibly doing blood transfusions from patients who recovered to patients who are in the early stages in order to share antibodies.  Apparently it works for some viruses but there's no proof that it would for ebola and there's possible complications as well.  :(

I'm so glad that both the Americans are recovering, but the situation is still pretty heartbreaking and it's far from over.

I read an article...  yesterday maybe?... about possibly doing blood transfusions from patients who recovered to patients who are in the early stages in order to share antibodies.  Apparently it works for some viruses but there's no proof that it would for ebola and there's possible complications as well.   :(

I'm so glad that both the Americans are recovering, but the situation is still pretty heartbreaking and it's far from over.

IIRC, didn't this doc, who ended up at Emory, get a transfusion from a teen male survivor before returning to the US?

And yes, it's still a terrible situation in Africa. But it seems we're an inch closer to a solution.

I read an article...  yesterday maybe?... about possibly doing blood transfusions from patients who recovered to patients who are in the early stages in order to share antibodies.  Apparently it works for some viruses but there's no proof that it would for ebola and there's possible complications as well.   :(

IIRC, didn't this doc, who ended up at Emory, get a transfusion from a teen male survivor before returning to the US?

And yes, it's still a terrible situation in Africa. But it seems we're an inch closer to a solution.