What's with the ads?

Photo

4 day/ week schedule for Apologia General Science?

apologia gs schedule

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Sparrows-Song

Sparrows-Song

Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

Does anyone have an Apologia General Science schedule for a 4 day week?
Or know where I can get one?
Thanks!

#2 Aunty Social

Aunty Social

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1196 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:13 AM

We have been doing Gen science with a 4 day week this year, and while I don't have a schedule written down, I'll share the thought process.
I look at the module and see how many pages there are first. Then I look briefly at the experiments and see if any need some prep and walk away time. Then I more or less say we need to do about this many pages per day, find a good stopping point around there, and that's the assignment. Any experiments that take a long time I have her start at the beginning of the module so they are ready when she gets to them. We finish each module in about a week, and then have a day for the study guide, a day to review and study, and a day to take the test before we go on to the next module. We spend about 30 to 40 min a day on science, and it seems to be working well.

hope this helps

#3 Christine

Christine

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:14 AM

I *might* be able to help you out.

I have free scheds for the Apologia series on my blog (including Gen. Sci). Generally, we take 2 weeks to do a module. . .but it winds up, usually, being 8 days of instruction, and 1 test day.

I also have a blank sched. form available so you can copy and paste to suit your needs.

These are in MS Word format.

Oh, but I think they just put out a 2nd edition? The scheds are for 1st ed (at least for Gen. Sci and Phys. Sci.) I don't know what the differences are. . .

#4 Pongo

Pongo

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

it looks so nice! My dd will be doing GS next year what addition is the schedule for? Also, I am tempted to download the other schedules are they for current editions?
Thanks!

#5 Sparrows-Song

Sparrows-Song

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Thank you, Christine! I am off to look at them. We are planning to purchase the new edition so I don't know if there are *any* study plans to go with that yet, but I'm sure yours will help.

Thanks!

#6 hose

hose

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

It looks great!

I *might* be able to help you out.

I have free scheds for the Apologia series on my blog (including Gen. Sci). Generally, we take 2 weeks to do a module. . .but it winds up, usually, being 8 days of instruction, and 1 test day.

I also have a blank sched. form available so you can copy and paste to suit your needs.

These are in MS Word format.

Oh, but I think they just put out a 2nd edition? The scheds are for 1st ed (at least for Gen. Sci and Phys. Sci.) I don't know what the differences are. . .

#7 Christine

Christine

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

I love your schedule format it looks so nice! My dd will be doing GS next year what addition is the schedule for? Also, I am tempted to download the other schedules are they for current editions?
Thanks!

Pretty sure for GS and Physical Sci it's 1st, as it's been 3 years since they've been written.

Thank you, Christine! I am off to look at them. We are planning to purchase the new edition so I don't know if there are *any* study plans to go with that yet, but I'm sure yours will help.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your schedule!
It looks great!

You all are more than welcome.

#8 Christine

Christine

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

Pretty sure for GS and Physical Sci it's 1st, as it's been 3 years since they've been written.

I'm updating this comment to say that I now have a 2nd edition of Gen Sci. schedule up on my blog. This was not done by me, but rather Michelle K. :hurray:She used my format though and asked that I put it on my blog for others who may wish to use it.

She has also told me that she will be sending me a 2nd edition Phys. Sci. schedule as well, once she completes it. (I have no idea the time-table of it's "release". We all know life gets busy, and things just get done as they can.)

#9 cbollin

cbollin

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2809 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

My Father's World MFW sells Apologia Lesson plans that include all of the supply list. The modules are set on a 4 day week, 2 weeks to cover each module. Some of the weeks are 5 day weeks if you plan to use the Quarterly tests. An alternate plan is provided for other ways to use the quarterly tests so that you stick with 4 day week. I like how it the plans for kids to use more independently.

(oh, this is a really old thread.... sorry)

-crystal

#10 inactive

inactive

• Deactivated
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

Just wanted to say that the Apologia Schedules that are posted on Christine's blog are AWESOME!! :)

My girls thank you very much!! :001_smile:

#11 Excelsior! Academy

Excelsior! Academy

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

Christine,

I don't post here often, so you probably don't "know" me, but Thank You! I love your schedules. After much thought I have decided on Apologia, but due to family life could not schedule it 5 days a week. Now I can. Thank you for letting us use your schedule.

#12 ValRN

ValRN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

This thread is old, but I found it in a google search. Your schedule is very helpful. Thanks a billion Christine!

#13 superfam9

superfam9

Just Visiting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm updating this comment to say that I now have a 2nd edition of Gen Sci. schedule up on my blog. This was not done by me, but rather Michelle K. :hurray:She used my format though and asked that I put it on my blog for others who may wish to use it.

She has also told me that she will be sending me a 2nd edition Phys. Sci. schedule as well, once she completes it. (I have no idea the time-table of it's "release". We all know life gets busy, and things just get done as they can.)

What is the blog? Excited to find a schedule, thanks!

What's with the ads?