Menu

Forgive my insignificant transcript question :)

I'm sure they are sick of me at the high school boards...;) I really need to know this before I send applications packages off to colleges. I have read that you should place transcripts in their own ~official~ sealed envelope, and then packaged with the rest of the papers. So, my stupid question is: Is the transcript to be folded and put into a regular-sized envelope, or left unfolded and put in a large envelope? It matters to nobody but me, I'm sure, but I don't want to fold it if that isn't proper. Thanks for helping this tired old mom. :D

I think the "official" sealed envelope is important for transcripts that are coming from institutions, i.e. public or private schools. That way the college knows they haven't been tampered with by the student. But if you are the one making the transcript and it has your signature, I don't think it matters. We sent the transcript along with the other documents, not in an special envelope. It was obviously a homeschool transcript and we never had any problem.

:grouphug: Senior year was a stressful time. I'm hoping in two years when I have to do it again it will be old hat, but I'm not counting on it :001_smile: At least I have a template of a transcript to work from. Now I just add courses and grades as they are completed.

Enjoy this year, it will go fast!

HTH,

Mary

I placed transcript, course descriptions, counselor letter, homeschool profile, and reading list unfolded in a manila envelope. I fastened them with a binder clip like this.

Regards,

Kareni

Thank you. I just bought boxes of those clips, in 2 different sizes, at the local office supply. And large yellow envelopes. And large white envelopes. And padded envelopes, just in case. ;) And printer labels. Golden stickers to go with the embosser. It's like an illness with me LOL. I just don't have the heart to fold anything, kwim? Two months I've worked on them, and now it's time to mail them! Insured. Delivery confirmation. I'm a nervous wreck...Thanks, everyone! I will shortly return to the land of the living...:)

I just bought boxes of those clips, in 2 different sizes, at the local office supply.

Ginger, I know we have that small office supply store, but I can't help thinking you really went to Walmart.

:lol:

Missed you at the hs meeting tonight. I wasn't really "there"--but since I was working, I got to see everyone.

Hey Kristine! There was a meeting? Goodness, I've missed another one. :glare: Nope, I really did go to the office supply! They were so sweet to help me, too. I think they love customers who can't decide between things and just say, "I'll just take 10 of everything, please."! I did order my golden stickers with my embosser, though. I'm still on a WalMart strike...that place makes me nuts!