Menu

How do you record dual enrollment courses on your student's transcript?

Do you include dual enrollment courses within the body of the transcript (in the same manner as the home school courses), with a note that the course was taken at XYZ College? Or, do you put only home school courses in the body of the transcript, then include dual enrollment courses only in the notes section of the home school transcript?

Do you include dual enrollment grades in your calculated GPA along with the home school courses?

Do you physically attach a copy of XYZ College's transcript to your home school transcript, in addition to an official transcript being sent from XYZ College?

Thanks!

Lisa

Edited by Lisa L. in MI

Good questions! The way we did it was that we listed the course name within the list of courses taken at home, but then we put a little asterisk* after the course name. At the bottom of the transcript was a note saying "Taken at XYZ County College/ Dual credit for high school and college." We used the grade given by the county college for her high school grade as well.

We've been told that one semester's worth of a college class equals a full year's worth of a high school credit. However, our daughter had plenty of credits, so we didn't use that option. We tried to keep our transcript looking as normal and unsuspicious as possible. Our daughter took two semesters of college Spanish and we awarded 0.5 credits for each one.

Sending a copy of the college transcript showing that the student indeed took the course(s) you indicated would be a good idea. However, we didn't do that. We waited until we settled upon which university our daughter was going to from the four she was accepted to and then had the county college send the official transcript to that university.

Hope this helps!

On the line, it looks just like any other class except it has a sign next to it and a legend for signs at the bottom. So # might be dual enrollment while * might be local co-op and + might be online class, for example. Then you may have others for private or public school courses or other methods of taking classes also. My daughter did online, dual enrollment, co-op and private school soooooo....

ETA: you can also combine ones you think are similar. I would have college classes by themselves if they earned college credit also, but co-op and online might be signified similarly if you feel they were similar enough.

I included dual-enrollment as HS courses. I didn't designate where it was taken. Nobody even asked about that.

:iagree:

Once or twice, students from my umbrella school who went back to public high schools were questioned about some of their classes, so I began adding "T" to credits earned at the community college, with a legend that read, "T=credits transferred, high school level or above."

I would be reluctant to specifically indicate credits earned through a co-op, just because of the reaction of those few high schools. Colleges might not care but high schools might--which seems weird, I know, but it is possible. Of course, you can do it one way if the dc end up going to public high school and the other way for college.

Do you include dual enrollment courses within the body of the transcript (in the same manner as the home school courses), with a note that the course was taken at XYZ College? Or, do you put only home school courses in the body of the transcript, then include dual enrollment courses only in the notes section of the home school transcript?

Do you include dual enrollment grades in your calculated GPA along with the home school courses?

Do you physically attach a copy of XYZ College's transcript to your home school transcript, in addition to an official transcript being sent from XYZ College?

Thanks!

Lisa

I am listing my son's college courses along with his homeschooled courses on his transcripts. I just put a star next to the course title and footnote it at the bottom of the page that the course was taken at college.

I haven't really thought about the GPA, nor about sending a copy of transcript ahead. But then again Ds is only in 9th grade and he will be attending the CC where he is already taking courses.

How do you record dual enrollment courses on your student's transcript?

I used a different font to indicate different locations where my daughter took classes.

I did.

We had the community college send transcripts directly to each of the colleges to which my daughter applied.

I'd be happy to send you a copy of my daughter's transcript if you'd like to see how I did it. Simply send me a personal message with your email address.

Regards,

Kareni

Do you include dual enrollment courses within the body of the transcript (in the same manner as the home school courses), with a note that the course was taken at XYZ College? Or, do you put only home school courses in the body of the transcript, then include dual enrollment courses only in the notes section of the home school transcript?I divide each year into fall and spring semester. Then I list the dual enrollment courses under the proper semester. I place an asterisk beside each dual credit course along with the semester hour credit (I give 1 credit for a 3 credit semester course). I also record the grade.At the bottom of the transcript (before my signature) I explain the asterisk

Do you include dual enrollment grades in your calculated GPA along with the home school courses?Yes, I calculate it at the same weight as the other high school courses. I assign a semester GPA and then calculate a yearly GPA. Then I calculate an overall GPA for the high school years.

Do you physically attach a copy of XYZ College's transcript to your home school transcript, in addition to an official transcript being sent from XYZ College?Yes, but each school will probably have their own rules on that.

Thanks!

Lisa

:D

We included PSEO courses on Taz's transcript along with an asterisk. In the comments section we stated the course was taken as PSEOs at X school. We

We also included the PSEOt course grades in Taz's GPA, and had the school submit a transcript to each institution Taz applied.

Only one college (1st tier LAC) questioned us regarding PSEO courses as that school had a maximum credit threshold to be considered a freshman. Taz exceeded that number by 6 credits. The school did not consider him an entering freshman and wanted Taz to apply as a transfer student.

Colleges pretty much ignore homeschool grades --even ones taken outside the home and not just a "mommy" grade. I plan to record only cc grades and give grades for other courses using a letter grade to indicate mastery. I may just give a 'pass" grade. Ds has done well at the cc.

I have arranged the transcript so that cc credits are included in the appropriate section according to subject: all English classes together (whether hs or cc), all math classes, etc.