Menu

my son was offended by his professor's remark on a quiz....

My son just finished up a geology course at the community college. The prof is an old friend of the family, and in fact, my youngest's godfather. He has a very dry sense of humor. My son was tidying up his papers the other day and tossed a page my way, "This really bugs me, what he wrote here!"

This was an "earthquake information on the internet" assignment. The last question was: Did you feel this earthquake? If not, why do you think you didn't? My son's answer: "No. The magnitude was so low that it couldn't be felt 155.146 km away from the epicenter, where I live." The professor wrote, "I think that's 155.147 km."

:smilielol5:

It was one of my finer parenting moments. I did not laugh directly out loud. I smiled and said, "Honey, he's having fun with you."

It reminded me that while many of our kids can handle difficult work, they are still very earnest and a smidgen naive.

I knew you all would appreciate this, and I don't have others to share with. And I'm guessing your own children may have had similar experiences.

My son just finished up a geology course at the community college. The prof is an old friend of the family, and in fact, my youngest's godfather. He has a very dry sense of humor. My son was tidying up his papers the other day and tossed a page my way, "This really bugs me, what he wrote here!"

This was an "earthquake information on the internet" assignment. The last question was: Did you feel this earthquake? If not, why do you think you didn't? My son's answer: "No. The magnitude was so low that it couldn't be felt 155.146 km away from the epicenter, where I live." The professor wrote, "I think that's 155.147 km."

:smilielol5:

It was one of my finer parenting moments. I did not laugh directly out loud. I smiled and said, "Honey, he's having fun with you."

It reminded me that while many of our kids can handle difficult work, they are still very earnest and a smidgen naive.

I knew you all would appreciate this, and I don't have others to share with. And I'm guessing your own children may have had similar experiences.

LOL, yep I have had many of these parenting moments but I wouldn't call them my finer ones. I would have not been able to hold in my laughter. My 14yr old son would have been offended too-LOL.