Menu

Any favorite planners for middle & hs students?

Franklin Covey has spiral-bound dayminders for High School/College and I think even for younger kids, like Elementary School age.

Our Office Depot also had a commendable collection to choose from and they were a little less expensive than Franklin Covey.

For myself, I love Franklin Covey.

I just started using an Excel planner from Donna Young's site; you plug in the date and it has pre-formatted spreadsheets for up to 9 subjects, with the date across the top, for six weeks.

Six weeks is about all I can fathom for planning ahead, so this is working out well for me. I do about a week at a time. I've got a spreadsheet going for each of my children.

If you have Excel, I'd recommend it highly. It has the features of a planner and calendar all in one, and it's free.

What we prefer is those large, 2' square or so plain wall planners with big 3" by 3" squares, lined, for every day. One page for a month. I have one and dd14 has one, on the wall facing our desks.She has a lot of Scouting activities and friend activities to keep track of. It's so visual that with a glance you can see whats coming up. Also great for Flylady stickers. And it only costs about $5 or $7 Au.

I have found that diaries either get lost under piles of papers on the table, or simply dont get opened.

I actually just found one of these I never used!! Yep, I had actually bought two at a Teacher's Express type store (name?) by a different company which cost about 4 times as much. Opened them up and what do you know? The pages inside are identical!

I'm planning on using those but not sure what to use for a daily/monthly calendar. Right now I just keep one on my computer and print it off. I might just stay at this for a while until they need something more individualized.