Menu

Chemistry movies?

I'm looking for a "last day of co-op" movie to show in class related to chemistry. Do you all have any ideas? I want something very general - perhaps the history of chemistry, careers that are chemistry based, etc. I'm not looking for a chemistry teaching video.

I have Netflix, but my search there yielded some racy chemistry flicks:glare: If I can get a title, I can search the area libraries.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Also, if you have another idea for a "end the year with a bang" chemistry class, let me know. I may not be able to find a movie.

Also, if you have another idea for a "end the year with a bang" chemistry class, let me know.

He started writing this long, complicated synthesis on the boards--many steps, lots of details. Early in the discussion of it, he mentioned that none of this material would be on the final. There were audible snaps as notebooks were closed and people stopped taking notes. (It WAS the end of the year. Our first year. We were all fried.) There were about 80-100 students in the class.

So I noticed that he was erasing the boards behind himself, which is not at all common. Usually the profs would not erase until they had filled 6 boards--3 across, and one to pull down over each one and then release upward.

Anyway, he kept walking us through this synthesis for about 1/2 an hour, and at the end he said, "And then you get this compound, which is LSD."

There was this complete silence, everyone was kind of shocked, and then from the exact middle of the hall some male voice was heard saying, "Two hundred dollars to anyone who has a complete set of these notes!" (No takers. And, uh, I think he was kidding. I hope.)

"And then you get this compound, which is LSD."

LOL! That's about what my Medicinal Chemistry prof did, but he was showing us how to make Methamphetamine. "It's very easy, you know", he said. I guess I have to agree with him because here in my neck of the woods, the most illiterate/uneducated folks are cooking it up! :eek: