Menu

Tell me the iPhone apps you can't live without.

I've got a great To Do list app on mine. Others would be Facebook and the Olive Tree NIV bible. I don't have my iPhone handy right now which is probably good because if it's a "can't live without it" app then I should be able to remember what it's called...

Oh, I have a neat spelling bee app that dd uses when we're waiting somewhere. I also have an app for doing audio recording.

Sarah

Flashlight: for when it's dark

Facebook

Evernote: for storing notes and documents (works with evernote.com)

TV Guide... well it's called IceTV but you might want a different one

Met Link Melbourne: obviously you'd have the one for your own public transport system

Stanza: eBook reader

Ultimate ToDo is my to do list but I'd rather have Todo by Appigo

Games:

Sudoku

Sol Free

Supermarket Mania

FourFree

Kids/Just for fun:

iBeer

Fart for Free

downloaded a free chapter of a book. I was surprised at how well it worked. The print was plenty large enough, and it was set to where it fills the screen so you just slide your finger on the screen to turn the page. I know a Kindle would be much cooler overall due to the normal size, but this is a nice compromise considering I got my refurb phone for $100 and can save the $350 a Kindle would cost me.

ShopShop (free grocery store list); don't need my paper list any longer

Holy Bible, You Version, with varied languages and translations; has a daily reading plan; was free when I downloaded it.

The Weather Channel, free. Can check forecast for up to ten days to come.

Word Warp (word game), free (I love word games!)

Ms. PacMan (I'm old school)

Pac Man

Twitter ( I can follow articles from NY Times; Fox News and Mars Hill Church News easily)

Facebook

Falling Balls (for the kids)

Scramble (Love it, love it, love it; word game)

Yellow Pages (I can use this when I'm out and about and use GPS from this site)

Tetris

Google (Free. You can use your voice or the keyboard)

Menstrual Calendar (Free. Tracks fertile days, LMP, predicted day of ovulation, etc.)

White Pages (Free. Easy to search for people you've lost track of)

Dictionaire (Free). I think this one is www.dictionary.com.

Pop Math (for kids) $.99

Book Search. Can search several sites to find best price of a book online. (Free).

Tap Tap and Tap Tap Revenge II (for kids) Free.

What's On? (your local TV guide) Free.

Birthdays. I paid for this one. Don't recall how much.

Hangman (Free and fun)

Bounce On Lite (kids)

Cannon Game (kids)

Grocery IQ (grocery list, LOVE THIS!, saves your favorite items so making a grocery list is a breeze)

Facebook (Very easy to update on the go)

Flixter (previews and synopsis of upcoming movies and DVD's, also has show times and such for local theaters)

Pandora (internet radio)

Amazon Kindle (I read a whole book on here and LOVE it! No more trying to remember to grab your book before leaving home!)

Packing (a packing list for vacations....you can make multiple lists for different trips. Really comes in handy)

Bible (has lots of different versions, you can bookmark your page, it will give you daily reading, you can hightlight passages)

Life Timer (keeps track of things in life. Example, I have my last oil change listed, as well as my last female dr visit. It will tell you how long it has been since each of those things, so you know when you need to make the next appt)

For the Kids.....

They seem to like Martian (you build your own alien), Tap Tap Revenge 2 (think Guitar Hero for the iphone), and The Wheels on the Bus.

• 2 weeks later...

iPeriod is a really good app for tracking your period, fertile days, etc. if you need that sort of thing. I read reviews of several of these kinds of apps, but liked the features of this one the best. It's a good program and they keep improving it.

I like Latin Quotes and Star Walk just because I am such a geek. :D

DD likes Kid Art, Art, Nanosaur, and PopMath.

My favorites are:

Holy Bible

Facebook

The Weather Channel

Mancala FS5

iFirstAid (never used it yet, but it's there if I ever need to)

I have the free versions of all of these, too.

My hubby has an iPhone and he likes Lose It! for tracking calories if any of you are dieting. I record my weight in it, but if I try to track my calories, I eat more. (This is the first time in my life I have tried losing weight, and I think my psyche doesn't like it!)

Hubby's phone also has Shazam. It's a neat little program that you can use if you hear a song that you want to know the artist of. You hold the phone up to the speaker for about 15 seconds, and it will give you the song name, artist, and album. It's a shame the iPod doesn't have a mic just for this purpose. Maybe the next gen will!

iPeriod is a really good app for tracking your period, fertile days, etc. if you need that sort of thing. I read reviews of several of these kinds of apps, but liked the features of this one the best. It's a good program and they keep improving it.

DITTO!!! This app is great.

My other favorites:

The Weather Channel - I think it's the best weather app

Facebook

Grocery IQ

Todo

BigTipper

Converter

Margins

Now Playing (you can also manage your Netflix queue)

i.TV - great app

Sportacular

Amazon.com

Kindle - have read a couple books with this... works great

Shakespeare - nice interface & free

USA Manual - good reference

Speeches - good reference

Documents - good reference

World Wiki+ - good reference

Carpenter

sportacular

iSort - simple database for iPhone - I use it to catalog some scrapbook things so I don't buy duplicates.

Games:

Wurdle

Scrabble

Sextuple Word Challenge - great word game

Cubes - very addictive

Hanoi

Sodoku

Combo! - like the Set card game

Fetch! - like the Set game, but some different options... I'm trying to decide which one.

Blocked - great game like Rush Hour

ParkingLot - same as above but more levels

Contraption - the iPhone version of Fantastic Contraption... very nice

Enigmo

ENJOY!!! I don't know how I lived without mine.

Val

I have a Touch too...

Just recently found a Sparkpeople app! You can track your calories, water intake, and exercises; it will sync with your Sparkpeople account online. :)

My other favorite app for the Touch is the Skype app!! I have actually placed a phone call from my IPOD!! The limitation is that you have to be connected via wifi, so no skype unless you're in an area with wifi. Also the app won't run in the background; so if you are using another app, you can't receive phone calls. But the neat factor outweighs all the limitations; it's a free app too!

Other than those, I use the Facebook and Calengoo (syncs with google calendar & has more options than the native calendar) apps the most.

• 2 weeks later...