Menu

:::SCREAM::: I have LOST my daughter's transcript

Restoring your computer shouldn't delete new documents you've created. Do a search on your computer with what you think the file name is - maybe it will show up then. Hope you find it!

You can also search for a word or phrase *in* the document in the "Advanced Search" options.

Praying you find it!

You can also search for a word or phrase *in* the document in the "Advanced Search" options.

Praying you find it!

after our computer crashed. We restored it, and all the program reappeared but the files were gone. He did a search for the word "assets" and they ALL (even the ones without the word "assets") reappeared.

HTH

I had the same thing happen last summer...I lost my computer AND my external hard drive with ALL my files in one horrible virus crash. Fortunately, I had an old copy on a backup CD. I still had to do a lot of work to catch it up, but I had something to start with.

I feel for you. Hope you find it!

Guest Katia

I'm sorry, but I also thank you: I just printed two copies off to keep in my dd's folder.....just in case I need a hard copy to reconstruct it for some reason.:D

Hi,

I know the feeling. We had to restore our laptop due to the virus that was recently effecting the Microsoft software. Some restores create a backup directory on your C:: drive. The backup directory has the name of Backup-<yymmdd>.dir. I do hope you find your missing files.

Terri

Thanks y'all....this was a complete restore (probably has a different name). It wiped absolutely EVERYTHING (every program, every file, every everything) that wasn't factory specifications.

Anyway, I redid the transcript though and I like it even better! It's just a basic subject-based transcript with letter grades, a scale, GPA info, notes section, etc. I like it.

I will be saving it to more than one computer, putting it on the zip drive, etc. I'll also print out a current one "just in case" and then in May, print a couple final ones. I'm not losing it again.

Glad I could help y'all remember to back yours up :D

:thumbup:

Thanks y'all....this was a complete restore (probably has a different name). It wiped absolutely EVERYTHING (every program, every file, every everything) that wasn't factory specifications.

Anyway, I redid the transcript though and I like it even better! It's just a basic subject-based transcript with letter grades, a scale, GPA info, notes section, etc. I like it.

I will be saving it to more than one computer, putting it on the zip drive, etc. I'll also print out a current one "just in case" and then in May, print a couple final ones. I'm not losing it again.

Heavens... that could happen to anyone. So sorry it had to be you. ((HUGS)) :grouphug: Big lesson for us all! Eeeep.