Menu

In your wildest dreams, if money were no object, what "household help"

1. Algebra tutor.

2. Once a month cleaning lady (deep stuff)

3. Babysitter that could take the kids *out* of the house once in a while, and also just do regular babysitting. (Don't have anyone right now, and while my two oldest are great for short stints with the youngers, I'd really be able to *relax* with a babysitter).

Honestly, if money were no object...I'd build myself a little cabin out in my back woods, lol. Er--I mean, 'office', ahem. ;o)

1. Algebra tutor.

2. Once a month cleaning lady (deep stuff)

3. Babysitter that could take the kids *out* of the house once in a while, and also just do regular babysitting. (Don't have anyone right now, and while my two oldest are great for short stints with the youngers, I'd really be able to *relax* with a babysitter).

Honestly, if money were no object...I'd build myself a little cabin out in my back woods, lol. Er--I mean, 'office', ahem. ;o)

That's it.

Ah, thanks. I'm getting my Howard's End confused with my Fresh Prince, ROFLOL. But yeh, I'd want a full staff- and I'd prefer to delegate all supervision to someone else, LOL. So- Nanny, Butler, Maid, Chef, Handyman, Gardener, Pool Boy, Stable Boy, Chauffer, and Masseuse. And any other helpers, LOL. And full security staff, animal trainer, etc. Of course this would mean we'd be living in a much larger house, we'd have to have room for all of those staff members. :D

in addition to the housekeeper, chef, errand-runner, garderner, horse trainer and massuese, I would also hire a manicurist and an esthetician. I LOVE having a facial and my toes done. :p And I could do it every day.

My other fantasy is hiring a scientist to clone me (several times) so that *I* had enough time to do it all. It isn't that I don't like doing the work, it's that I don't like feeling like I am constantly pulled in so many directions by so many demands.

. . . a part-time live-in French-speaking nanny. She would spend mornings with the kids, just speaking French and playing with them, so that dh and I could both work in the mornings, when we are at our most productive. Then we could do our usual trade-off in the afternoons.

And I would have a handyman on standby. For peeling paint and broken hinges and replacing garbage disposals.

And, you know, a secretary (personal assistant?) would be really, really nice. "Dr. Sours, your mother's birthday is coming up. Which of these three cards would you like to send her? And she has five books on her amazon wish list--shall I order one for you?" "Dr. Sours, your bookshelves were getting a little out of order, so I've categorized everything by Library of Congress call numbers, except for the books you're currently using, which are arranged according to class or book for which they are being used." "Dr. Sours, I've discovered that President Blowhard, from Yale Divinity School, is attending your lecture tonight, so I've taken the liberty of having a new suit delivered for you."

A what? I even looked it up but Wikipedia basically says they are warriors from India. That doesn't quite seem to go with this post. Why would you have to have no morals to have one?

He came from a goat herding family in the Nepalese mountains and was picked from a huge number of people for his strengh and intelligence. The process of becoming a Gurkha (an elite part of the British Army) is way more challeging than getting into an Ivy League school. You could read 'Himalaya' by Michel Palin to find out more about how amazing these men are.

Later, he trained as a valet. He is supposed to only get clothes ready in the morning, be a driver and make sure their employer's day goes as smoothly as possible. In the hands of my mother-in-law, he vacuums every day; mows the lawn; cleans the entire house (seven beds and several reception rooms and a swimming pool), not only that he is asked to do silly things such as find organic porridge oats and drop them off at her brothers. She really just thinks of things for him to do whether they need done or not. I sometimes feel rather ashamed, knowing his intelligence and capabilities, and also knowing his very difficult upbringing when he is being ordered around in a disrespectful way.

On the other hand he would be my dream helper. He always anticipates one's needs. You look down to find your tea made exactly as you like it and the children fed and watered without you asking. What an incredible man he is!

I wanted to ask the same question -- but imagining the answer was too much fun. :D

Yes, I can see that from the vagueness of my post, one could really wonder! :eek: