Menu

As an added bonus to watching School House Rock videos on youtube for h'schooling

We can read the less-than-impressive comments and be all the more grateful we homeschool. I found them sadly enlightening.

On a positive note, I love that those videos were made, and that they are available free, online, to supplement my teaching!

Jo

Edited by battlemaiden
correction

Jo,

You'll laugh at this. One of the advantages to being overseas with AFN is that they still show Schoolhouse Rock on the AFN Family channel in between shows.

I've been known to call my kids in from another room just to watch one of these.

Oh lisa! You have just flooded me with memories! I remember AFN and their select of programming. Do they still have the cooking show with the cajun guy. I loved that one. :D

Jo

Oh lisa! You have just flooded me with memories! I remember AFN and their select of programming. Do they still have the cooking show with the cajun guy. I loved that one. :D

Jo

They have The Grill Sargeant, (appearing in the San Diego commissary) and his band The Taste Buds. I swear if we end up in SD that the kids and I are going to go and watch a taping. My six year old is a big fan.

You know, I thought that I'd find the AFN selection annoying or boring, but there is plenty of brain candy and I don't miss the horrible commercials at all.