Menu

Do you have muliple emails?

I have a "smart phone" because I am not. I am thinking about setting up a new email with my school address for things like hs newsletters, company updates, etc. I get lost of "advertisements" from things like B&N, Staples, Old Schoolhouse, etc. that I like to browse but they get a little overwhelming.

I am thinking about setting this up and not linking it to my phone and not downloading it directly to my computer. Then, I would check them at maybe a twice a week interval. Anyone done this?

I don't have a smart phone but I do have multiple emails for this purpose. I have one that I use for random registrations (that I KNOW will send junk), one for conversing with people I actually know, and one for educational newsletters, book orders, and educational registrations. It works well for me.

I don't have the smart phone but I have 2 email addresses. One I share with dh and the other is through yahoo(homeschooling emails and a few friends). My yahoo I also link up with facebook and a few other boards I'm on just so my email with dh doesn't get to full.

We have one main email for the house, and one for places that we need an email to register, or that we expect may spam us.

The second is loaded with spam all the time, so I am very happy we have it set up.

Our main email is really clean and we protect the address like it is gold. I sent out an email to all the family and friends who sent us random forwards and asked that they only use it for communication with us. Every one has been really good about it except one person. It is a old friend of dh that will sent inappropriate emails on occasion, I have to remind him about every 6mths, that our kids use our email account too. If he does it again, I think I will tell him to start using the other account too! We only check it every few weeks, to clean it out.

Yes, I do have multiple email accounts. I have one for registering places, ebay, and other 'spam' stuff. My main account is for my friends and family as well as newsletters I actually want to read.

That reminds me, I need to look at my spam account. I haven't been there in weeks........

Thanks. I set up a new one at gmail and I am going to try to send some stuff there so I won't get so bogged down on my main email. My beeps when I receive a new email and I need to check it. Drives me nuts when it really isn't important.

I really trying to do a few things to keep me from being so easily distracted all day. It seems technology can really break your focus. However, I want for my dh to be able to send me things he needs me to check on and I work at home for the church. I need to be assessible but this will help me only check the really important info.