Menu

Computer credit....

My kids are required to have 1 credit in computers. This should include typing, word/works documents, Excel, and powerpoint presentations. We will use another program for typing....but for the rest....What do you use?

This is SO out of my comfort zone!

Anyway, I see in the Sonlight catalog, Professor Teaches: Microsoft Office 2007. Would this work? Anyone used this?

OR have you used something different?

Really needing help on this one!

Blessings,

Brenda:001_smile:

My kids have done Professor Teaches . . . and it was a good overview. It is basically a tutorial and did give the kids a good intro but didn't really flesh it out as far as practice and indepth assignments. I loved it for an overview but will probably do more later on.

You might also look into your cc. Fl requires all students to have an Intro computer class so it's available every semester. I'd also make sure you cover Power Point as it's used regularly in Speech & Sales classes.

Even though I teach that course at the local CC myself. It is about 75% Microsoft Office and the rest is basic computer knowledge including networks and Internet. I'll have them take it from another professor as their first college experience. Computer literacy is an ideal first college class because it's very factual and skills oriented and is typically is not as overwhelming as some CC courses can be. I've had a lot of 15-16 y.o. homeschooled students take it, some in my online sections.