Menu

Don't forget to wear green today!

Everyone here is in green - I just made a choc. cake that will have green icing, green jello - and have soda bread to make, taters to boil, lamp chops (we HATE corned beef) and leftover roast beef for the lamb-haters. Plus green salad and brussel sprouts. And beer!!!

tight, corduroy, Sassoon jeans from the 80's! Not only does he still own these (obviously) and can still get into them, but they are TOO BIG in the waist! I'm several sizes bigger now than everything I wore in the 80's.....

DH wears these green pants (they are so dated and awful!) every St. Patrick's day for the past several years, and people start asking him about them and saying how they are looking forward to his wearing them a week in advance! And he knows people all over town, sees lots of people, is speaking to a group of 200 this morning.

He also brings in a complete corn beef and cabbage lunch for his office today, DS and I will be joining them. DH's mom is from Ireland, he actually has dual citizenship Irish/U.S., and is quite proud of that fact.

I myself will just wear a green t-shirt and jeans.

Michelle T

Ds11 has informed me that we are not going to wear even a touch of green. We are going to wear orange. We are protestants. BTW - there is not even a touch of Catholic bashing in his idea. It is just his way of putting history into context for himself. (Orange is for William of Orange). In my mind, he can wear what he likes. I don't know if I even have anything green or orange to wear!

tight, corduroy, Sassoon jeans from the 80's! Not only does he still own these (obviously) and can still get into them, but they are TOO BIG in the waist! I'm several sizes bigger now than everything I wore in the 80's.....

DH wears these green pants (they are so dated and awful!) every St. Patrick's day for the past several years, and people start asking him about them and saying how they are looking forward to his wearing them a week in advance! And he knows people all over town, sees lots of people, is speaking to a group of 200 this morning.

He also brings in a complete corn beef and cabbage lunch for his office today, DS and I will be joining them. DH's mom is from Ireland, he actually has dual citizenship Irish/U.S., and is quite proud of that fact.

I myself will just wear a green t-shirt and jeans.

Michelle T

:lol::lol::lol: We need pictures!!!! Please. :D