Menu

Fractions for summer

Melissa in CA

What fun book/curriculum would you recommend to use over the summer to help my son cement adding, subtracting, dividing & multiplying fractions into his brain? I have the Key to Fractions books, but they seem so 'ho-hum' boring. Is there something you can recommend that I am not aware of? Something summer-school worthy. In other words thorough, yet fun?

Would love any recommendations you might have...

I'll second Life of Fred Fractions! It's what we did last summer to cement fractions, and it was fun for them, painless for me (kids do it independently), and did an excellent job cementing all the fraction facts.

We'll be following it up this summer with Life of Fred Decimals and Percents. :001_smile:

I'll second Life of Fred Fractions! It's what we did last summer to cement fractions, and it was fun for them, painless for me (kids do it independently), and did an excellent job cementing all the fraction facts.

We'll be following it up this summer with Life of Fred Decimals and Percents. :001_smile:

:iagree: That's our plan for the summer, too!

It's really cool and it inspires the kids to get the key to books done. It's 4.95 yes 4 dollars and 95 cents for a whole year and it give you access to fractions, decimals, percents and algebra! You still need the workbooks, but it is awesome, they take the tests and several spot checks online.

Sandra

www.keymath.com you will see key tracker on the bottom right