Menu

Ideas for leftover pot roast?

Making up my menu for the next week or two. Last week I did enchiladas and a veggie beef soup with the leftover pot roast, but I'm gonna make another in a week or so. I was thinking beef fried rice, because I'll have leftover rice at that point too, but I need another idea for the rest of the roast. I was considering a beef barley soup, but I already have a soup planned and I'm getting a little tired of soup.

Ideas?

What about shepherd's pie? Just make your mashed potatos, put them in the bottom of a 9x13 Pyrex dish, chop your meat well (I usually mix it with brown gravy), put it on top of the potatos, top with cheese if you want, and bake it on 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes.

I have also sliced up left-over pot roast and cooked it with stir-fry veggies and some soy sauce to serve over rice.

Often when I am making a beef roast I add some potatoes and carrots the last hour. When the roast and veggies are done, I pull out the potatoes and carrots and set them aside for another meal.

Then I make an additional pot of potatoes and serve them mashed, with a side of some other veggie or salad.

I make lots of gravy using the potatoe water from the mashed potatoes.

Then a couple of days later, I use the leftover beef, gravy and the potatoes and carrots I baked with the roast and make a stew. If you don't have enough gravy, then I just fry it up with some additional onion and make hash. I serve the hash with applesauce.

One day of cooking equals two meals.

Here is my choices with leftover pot roast

Beef Stroganoff

BQ beef sandwiches

Shepherd's pie

Pot Pie

Leftover Casserole (you know any startch, any meat, any veggie, any liquid/gravy and any topping)

Vegteable Beef Soup

Chili

Enchiladas

Fried Rice, chow mein, lo mein

Beef Stew

Roast Beef Hash

Spaghetti Sauce

From a regular roast:

Any of above

French dips

Philly Steak and Cheese

Tortilla wrap sandwiches

Regular Sandwiches

Chicken Fried Steaks ( did this last night)

Salad topping

Fajitas

Stir fries