Menu

If you make peanut butter balls, do you know if they freeze well?

I think it was Susan (SWB) who once suggested peanut butter balls as a good snack for hungry kids. My guys love them (and so do I)! (Mix one part peanut butter, one part powdered/dried milk, one part oatmeal (or toasted wheat germ), and one part coconut; add enough honey so the mixture can be rolled into balls.)

Anyway, if you've made these, have you ever frozen them? Just wondering if that works well, or whether they're too crumbly once they defrost. Thanks!:)

Thanks, Angel and KH; glad to know they freeze well.

Maria, I shared the recipe (such as it is) in my previous post. Exact measurements aren't important, and you can also add/substitute according to your preferences.

Dawn, hope you get a chance to make some soon. They're yummy ~ and surprisingly filling!:)

Here's the recipe I use...http://www.welltrainedmind.com/recipes.php Took me a while to find it!! Scroll down a little to Protein Balls.

We use pb, honey, whey protein powder, oatmeal, flax seed, and chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips, but you can use whatever you like!

I told the boy we can't afford him anymore lol! We eat dinner and before the dishes are done he's rummaging through cupboards. He's also the boy with a bit of a concentration issue when it comes to school. So maybe these treats will cover both problems! (And I'm sure the rest of us will enjoy them too . . . hopefully not too much!) :001_smile:

I'm giving these a whirl today.

I think it was Susan (SWB) who once suggested peanut butter balls as a good snack for hungry kids. My guys love them (and so do I)! (Mix one part peanut butter, one part powdered/dried milk, one part oatmeal (or toasted wheat germ), and one part coconut; add enough honey so the mixture can be rolled into balls.)

Anyway, if you've made these, have you ever frozen them? Just wondering if that works well, or whether they're too crumbly once they defrost. Thanks!:)

OK, I have all the ingredients except wheat germ. I do have oats, but should I use regular or quick cook or what? Thought this would be a great treat for the kids. YES, for the KIDS, that's it!

Colleen,

I just made these (based on the WTM recipe), and I wanted to say thanks!

Personally, I think I will cut back on the honey next time, but I wanted to list what I used.

1 c honey

1 c powdered milk

1 c peanut butter

1 c leftover bits of Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal (the shredded wheat breaks apart, and I usually use the leftovers in muffins)

1/2 c oats (I ran mine through food processor)

1/4 c wheat germ

1/4 c sesame seeds

1 c raisins

1 c unsweetened coconut

1/2 c Kashi Crunch cereal (ran through the food processor as well)

They are yummy!

Edited by nestof3