Menu

Discerning God's will.....

Until about 6 months ago, dh always said that he was fine having as many children as I wanted. After we had #5, he was definitely feeling older and feeling like we had our hands full. He was pretty adamant that he didn't want another baby, he wanted the youngest in college when he turned 60, and he wanted to make sure he could provide for our family. All good reasons. For some reason, I've just never felt like we were done though. I would kinda kid around once inawhile and say we should have another. And he was absolutely positive we should be done. Ok. So a few weeks ago, I was praying and I just left it in God's hands, I said that if He wanted us to have another one, He'd have to talk to dh. And I was fine w/that. I let it go. So, this past Sat. night, dh comes home and asks me if I really want another and that he thinks it would be fine! I couldn't believe it!

Now I'm a little nervous. I'd like another but we have a small house and we'd need to get another van, ours is only a 7-seater. I know I need to trust God will provide. I'm just wondering how much to see my dh's change of mind as a sign from God. I'm not really doubting, I'm just trying to think this through. One of the major hurdles to my feeling comfortable w/ a new baby is the thought of homeschooling w/pregnancy and an infant. But we're putting the kids in Classical Conversations next year and I think that will really help w/keeping us on track since I won't be able to slack off. So that aspect seems taken care of as well. What do you guys think????

I think maybe the Lord has answered your prayers and you are now second guessing Him. You seem very amazed at how the Lord has changed your husbands heart, dont you also think that the Lord can provide all that you need for this blessed addition as well? :001_smile:

Put it in the Lord's hands now, and dont worry about it.

Also, something to think about. One thing that has struck me about talking to older women, I have never talked to a woman that said "Oh I wish I hadn't had that last child, he was just too much, I should have stopped at 5!" But WOW have I talked to MANY women that say, "Oh I wish I HAD had another child, just one or two more, I really regret no having more!" .

The Lord will provide for you. And you will be blessed.

I think maybe the Lord has answered your prayers and you are now second guessing Him. You seem very amazed at how the Lord has changed your husbands heart, dont you also think that the Lord can provide all that you need for this blessed addition as well? :001_smile:

Also, something to think about. One thing that has struck me about talking to older women, I have never talked to a woman that said "Oh I wish I hadn't had that last child, he was just too much, I should have stopped at 5!" But WOW have I talked to MANY women that say, "Oh I wish I HAD had another child, just one or two more, I really regret no having more!" .

:iagree: What she said!

I've known plenty of women who really didn't want that last child or those last few children.

I'm not saying that to put the OP off having another child, but it there are women who resent their youngest coming along.

Julpost, Pray some more and if you are still lead to having another, go for it.

:iagree:

(I am one of those women who wishes with all my heart that God had seen fit to give us more children. I *envy* [for lack of a better word] large families.:001_smile: I would've given my eye teeth to have more children).

Until about 6 months ago, dh always said that he was fine having as many children as I wanted. After we had #5, he was definitely feeling older and feeling like we had our hands full. He was pretty adamant that he didn't want another baby, he wanted the youngest in college when he turned 60, and he wanted to make sure he could provide for our family. All good reasons. For some reason, I've just never felt like we were done though. I would kinda kid around once inawhile and say we should have another. And he was absolutely positive we should be done. Ok. So a few weeks ago, I was praying and I just left it in God's hands, I said that if He wanted us to have another one, He'd have to talk to dh. And I was fine w/that. I let it go. So, this past Sat. night, dh comes home and asks me if I really want another and that he thinks it would be fine! I couldn't believe it!

Now I'm a little nervous. I'd like another but we have a small house and we'd need to get another van, ours is only a 7-seater. I know I need to trust God will provide. I'm just wondering how much to see my dh's change of mind as a sign from God. I'm not really doubting, I'm just trying to think this through. One of the major hurdles to my feeling comfortable w/ a new baby is the thought of homeschooling w/pregnancy and an infant. But we're putting the kids in Classical Conversations next year and I think that will really help w/keeping us on track since I won't be able to slack off. So that aspect seems taken care of as well. What do you guys think????

I think that you put your initial want for more children in God's hands, I think you should put all these simple things God can easily take care of in His hands as well. :001_smile:

I should have just waited and used this smiley. :iagree:

Guest Virginia Dawn
I've known plenty of women who really didn't want that last child or those last few children.

I'm not saying that to put the OP off having another child, but it there are women who resent their youngest coming along.

Julpost, Pray some more and if you are still lead to having another, go for it.

:iagree:

I always think of the passage in John chapter one that says children of God (Christians) are born of the spirit, natural children are born because of human decision or a husband's will.

Personally, I think making any decision that will not lead you down a path of sin is within the scope of God's will.

Edited by Virginia Dawn