Menu

Do you live near the area where you grew up?

I'm a navy brat. I don't have a home.

Did the constant moving give you the desire to put down roots as an adult?

My father's family moved often when he was growing up, and he was determined that his children would never have to change schools and make new friends.

Mom and Dad bought their Forever Home when I was two, and haven't budged since then. He still says he plans to be there until the end of his days.

I grew up there too and I feel the same way. Great place to visit though, don't you think? I left 30 years ago and never moved back. My son thinks it would be a grand idea to live in San Diego. He just doesn't "get" all this lovely rainforest out our window. Which actually is covered in lovely snow right now and is glistening in the sunshine..... but no, he wants a big city.

Julie

I would trade for Alaska any day of the week.

I live in a different state about 1000 miles from where I grew up. I haven't lived in my home state since graduating from college and getting married. I miss being near family, but I don't miss the expense and business of the area. I like the slow pace here... although some snow and a little more attention to time and a little less fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants would be nice.

I'm a navy brat. I don't have a home.

Can I tell you what my 'navy brat' dd said once?

We were moving back to CONUS and spending some time with my parents in their brand new home with brand new furniture while waiting on our shipment. Dd4 (at the time) was jumping on one of my mom's new chairs! I was mortified because we certainly don't allow that in our home. So I said...

"Dd, we do not jump on furniture in our home and you are not going to do it at Grandmom's."

She quipped very matter-of-factly, "We don't have a home."

:sad:

8 years later and I'm still not over that one!:lol: