Menu

I have four teens now....

My formerly sweet 12-yr-old won't turn 13 until May, BUT she is exhibiting all the teen symptoms of moodiness, snarkiness, etc. Sigh. Come May 11 I will have twin 17-yr-olds, a 15-yr-old and a 13-yr-old. And they are now ALL taller than me!!!!!!!

I am impressed that you're so sane. I never had more than two teens at once and even that nearly drove me nuts. The thought of four at once...more frightening that a horror flick! The groceries...the hormones...the driving lessons...the laundry...the list never ends.

Ladies, ladies, teens are wonderful. Last year we had five, but oldest son is now 20, so there's only four! Teens are great, they can run errands, fix meals and do the laundry. They have the most unique view of the whatever is going on, and they are good company.

So far every age our kids have been is my favorite.

I agree that teens can be wonderful BUT I wasn't prepared to have them be so much work. When the kids were all young, we went to the park to meet up with their friends. The kids paired off, the moms talked. Now every teen is going in a different direction and either *I* am driving them or I'm sitting in the passenger seat while the teen learns to drive. For me, that is more stressful than strapping little kids in carseats and running errands. And when they were little, a store trip meant they might whine for a treat. Now they treat ME- we'll be shopping and they'll casually mention things like learning a friend thinks she's gay.

I wouldn't trade these years for anything but I also like that my teens came two at a time instead of all four at once. We got through the older two (raised and out of school and living on their own) and have a break before these next two start dating, going to college, and stuff like that.