Menu

Slumdog Millionaire

Guest Carmie

Guest Carmie

I'm thinking of taking my 12 yod to see Slumdog Millionaire but I'm not sure if it would be appropriate since I haven't seen it yet. Any opinions out there? Thanks in advance! BTW I think it's rated 14A

I saw it one Saturday night. I don't think it's appropriate for my 14 year old, so I would say that it's not appropriate for a 12 year old. You know your child best, but there are strong themes of abuse, there is violence and implied rape, and it's just an adult movie.

Tara

Well, I'm quite liberal and loved the movie. However, for my almost 10 yo ds, I wouldn't want him to watch it. I think I would have liked him to see it if some of the disturbing scenes were eliminated. It's a good education about life in the slums, and makes one realize how comparatively lucky we are. I guess as I get older, I get more frustrated with disturbing visual (and audio!) images. I don't know what age I would let him watch it. He's not really very sensitive to this kind of stuff, but when I am still cringing at some of the scenes, I don't want those lingering in his head.