Menu

Exercise check-in, week of 2/21-2/28. What did you do?

Since our daily posting is trailing off, I thought I'd offer a post covering the past week. Maybe it'll be easier to just relay in one thread what we've done during the past week. I know Jennifer in MI has been dealing with sick children; anyone feeling better, Jennifer? And Cheryl, I think you had a 10 mile run slated for Thursday and 20 miles today. How did it go?

I only ended up running four days instead of five this past week, partly because of my stomach "stuff", partly because of snow on Wed/Thurs. So my week looked like this:

Mon ~ 4 miles

Tues ~ 5 miles

Wed ~ 3 miles

Thurs ~ off

Fri ~ 17 miles

Sat & Sun off

I normally don't take the whole weekend off, but I pushed my long run to Friday since the weather was lovely. My legs hurt big-time through that whole long run, and I'm battling shin splints, too. But it was nice to be out there and watch the sun set over the islands. It was my last run as a thirty-something; Monday I turn 40.

I changed up my workout every day.

No particular order but through the week I did

30min climbing intervals on the treadmill

40min running intervals on treadmill

run 30 of 50min run/walk

walk 30min dh pace 30min my pace taking those darn hills

30 day shred and pilates

2 online toning/cardio routines

But it's not really what happened.

Thursday I did go 10. Took me 2 hours!

Friday I swam - I just swam and didn't care about how fast or slow. :)

Today was supposed to be 20. DH went with me (BIG surprise!) and we went earlier than expected cause it started to rain. We got about 7 miles in and we were both soaked through and cold (I think it dropped 5 degrees while we were out). We decided that we'd finish the first loop and then call it done. But then at 8 1/2, I stopped for the bathroom. I felt so bad that I came out and told dh that I wished he was home so I could call him and he could come pick me up. So we walked home. But we went the shortest way we could. I won't be trying to go 20 another day.

Tomorrow is a day off.

Since our daily posting is trailing off, I thought I'd offer a post covering the past week. Maybe it'll be easier to just relay in one thread what we've done during the past week. I know Jennifer in MI has been dealing with sick children; anyone feeling better, Jennifer? And Cheryl, I think you had a 10 mile run slated for Thursday and 20 miles today. How did it go?

I only ended up running four days instead of five this past week, partly because of my stomach "stuff", partly because of snow on Wed/Thurs. So my week looked like this:

Mon ~ 4 miles

Tues ~ 5 miles

Wed ~ 3 miles

Thurs ~ off

Fri ~ 17 miles

Sat & Sun off

I normally don't take the whole weekend off, but I pushed my long run to Friday since the weather was lovely. My legs hurt big-time through that whole long run, and I'm battling shin splints, too. But it was nice to be out there and watch the sun set over the islands. It was my last run as a thirty-something; Monday I turn 40.

Thanks for posting this Colleen!! I'm so jealous of your good weather on Friday! You got in a great run! Sorry your legs hurt. Are your shoes getting old? (That's what happens to me when I need new ones - shin splints).

Happy early birthday!! Do you have anything special planned?

My kids are still sick. 105 degree fevers for four days. Today their fevers are down to 102 at the highest (without medicine) - it did go down to normal with meds today. This is getting ridiculous. It's been 6 days now. They have to be better soon!! Thanks for asking!

I changed up my workout every day.

No particular order but through the week I did

30min climbing intervals on the treadmill

40min running intervals on treadmill

run 30 of 50min run/walk

walk 30min dh pace 30min my pace taking those darn hills

30 day shred and pilates

2 online toning/cardio routines

Great week! Which toning routine do you use?

I've been sick. I've had this cold that is now settling into my chest. I'm hoping to be able to run at some point this next week.

I'm so sorry you're sick. I had this same cold - it's now in my chest too. Yuck.

But it's not really what happened.

Thursday I did go 10. Took me 2 hours!

Friday I swam - I just swam and didn't care about how fast or slow. :)

Today was supposed to be 20. DH went with me (BIG surprise!) and we went earlier than expected cause it started to rain. We got about 7 miles in and we were both soaked through and cold (I think it dropped 5 degrees while we were out). We decided that we'd finish the first loop and then call it done. But then at 8 1/2, I stopped for the bathroom. I felt so bad that I came out and told dh that I wished he was home so I could call him and he could come pick me up. So we walked home. But we went the shortest way we could. I won't be trying to go 20 another day.

Tomorrow is a day off.

I'm so sorry your long run didn't go well. :grouphug: How are you feeling today? Running in the rain can be nice - running in cold rain - not so nice.

My week:

Monday - Ran 4.5 miles, did the Shred 2 video, came down with a fever

Tuesday - off to recover

Wed - Shred 2 video, plus the other Biggest Loser cardio video

Thurs - Jillian Michaels Metabolism Boost Video - it's 58 minutes!!! Ouch!

Friday - off

Sat - Metabolism Boost video

I am refusing to run until it gets above 30 degrees. No more eyelashes freezing! I'm actually liking the videos and feeling all the new muscles I'm getting!!

I didn't do much early in the week because it was that time of the month.

I did 1 hour of yoga on both Friday and Saturday. It felt wonderful! I can't believe how tight my hip muscles get in such a short time.

I intend to do another hour of yoga on Sunday and then spend some time cleaning because we are hosting a game night with some friends of ours.

Keep up the exercise, everyone! You all are doing great. :)

Thanks for the thread Colleen. I haven't wanted to jinx my calf muscle by posting (I sure hope I'm not going to do that now :)) so I've been quiet. :)

Friday, Wed and Monday I did a bastardized version of week 3 of C25K. I added 25 min of brisk walking and did 15-20 min of jogging each day (split into 3 min jogs). Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I did 45 min of walking at 15 min/mile. I'll do the same today unless it is calm (it is windy in the winter here). If the wind is calm we'll kayak around the bay next to ours.