Menu

Question for those who listen to audiobooks on CD (not tapes)....

The ones i got from the library had a "feature list" and one was chapters every 4 minutes or so to help you getting back to your spot. I found this format way harder to deal with when putting them on the kids Nano's - because i didn't know about the feature that would have made it one big import. The iPod marks where you were when you stop it.

For instance, the Mixed up Files of..... has "songs" of, 4a,4b,4c,4d for chapter 4. The ones i have bought from Audible don't have them that way.

I know Blackstone and Tantor audiobooks on cd don't. They just start a new "track every 3 minutes" regardless of where they are in the story.

I just checked the Listening Library audiobook of Mysterious Benedict Society. It comes up with a list of tracks labeled with the first few words of that track.

When we first started listening to audiobooks, I hated the Blackstone/every three minutes tracking. Who wants to have to remember where you left off? Or have to go backward & forward between tracks looking for where you left off? I didn't want to switch over from cassettes (that just start back up where you stop them!) to cd's. I guess I've gotten used to it, bec. I don't even notice it anymore. The kids always manage to remember what track they left off on &, if not, it doesn't bother us backing up a little to pick back up.

So, if that's keeping you from moving to cd's, just do it! It's a lot easier to find audiobooks on cd at the libraries than to find audiobooks on cassette.

yvonne