Menu

I need some ideas for fun things to do with my girls

What a fun question! My girls are still young, 3 and 1 1/2, but I dream of girl nights!

Here are some dreams of mine:

*baking cookies, then eating them (I'll do this without my girls right now!)

*bowling, roller skating, etc.

*trying on clothes at the mall

*having a fashion show at home, the girls wearing Mommy's clothes

*making crafts/cards for family and friends

*hosting a recipe swap

*planning a garden (check out a local nursery)

*writing a song and performing it for Daddy

I can't wait to hear what others do/will do/have done!

When my dc were young and dh was out of town on business, we would play "Hotel". The kids would make room signs and numbers, and keys out of index cards. Of course, since the Master Bedroom had the attached bath, that was my and dc's room. The other bedrooms were for other 'guests' (make-believe). We would make beds around my room (couch pillows or blow-up mattresses) for the dc and for however long dh was gone the dc slept in our 'hotel' room. It was like a sleep-over.

Oh, and we'd rent a special video (go to the 'movie theatre') and make pop corn to get at the 'snack stand'. My oldest would actually run the snack stand and he'd have play money with drinks and candy bars as well.

And when dh was home we had a regular, healthy meal each evening, so to make it special for "Hotel" nights, I would let them choose something different (take-out was ok), but it was what 'they' wanted ie: corn-dogs, brownies, pizza, etc. Not our normal fare. They made the dining room a 'restaurant'.

Ah, the memories. It was really fun and really special. I had creative kids.:001_smile:

Edited by Katia
grammar

My husband travels all of the time, and we love to have "spa parties". I let the girls get in the big garden tub and I pour an entire bottle of bubble bath (no dyes or perfumes) in. Then I bring them raspberry ginger ale (a special treat) in fancy plastic cups, and pretend that I am Mrs. Sprinkle-toes (that's my alternate personality - a lady from England that loves to surprise the girls with random appearances throughout the week). They play in the bath as long as they want.

Once they are dried off and in pjs, we polish toenails only (usually in 2 or 3 colors plus nail stickers). Then I let them put on glittery "make-up" and play dress-up. It's soooo much fun!

Finally, we eat dinner by candlelight and watch a movie together. Too much fun for my 7yo and 5yo.

We have "dance parties" occasionally. When it is dark outside and the girls are already dressed for bed, we turn off all the lights and pull out our glow sticks, light up wands, small strobe light, etc. We crank the music up LOUD and dance in the dark with our light up things. The girls love it and giggle the whole time. I usually let them (and me) dance through three or four songs, then it is time for bed.