Menu

Will somebody tell me about rep points?

Aubrey

Cleverly disguised popularity contest...yep..pretty much ;)

Not necessarily *meant* to be such, but that does seem to be what it turns into...in a lot of cases.

See the little scale to the top right of each post? Between the post number and the "warning triangle" icon. Yeah. That. For posts you think deserve a little credit, simply click on the scale and you can 'approve' the post and add your own comment. (just a note, it's nice to know who left what, so sign your name when doing so ;) )

And to see what you have, go to your User CP and it'll show up there on the main screen, if you have any rep. It'll show your number of points and the comments, as well as what post those comments were to.

Follow?

I haven't given much rep, but I tried to give Colleen and Sarah some yesterday and again today and it wont let me. Are they blocked like that to anyone else?

And someone gave me a negative yesterday for this post http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=64270#post64270

They said, 'no need to insult someone with different views than yours.' Hmmm.....I didn't think it was insulting.

Edited to say they actually said 'no need to insult someone just because they do it for different reasons than you.' By 'do it' I guess they were referring to why we homeschool. Anyway, I wasn't insulting anyone, certainly not for their reasons for homeschooling.

Anyway, I don't like this whole rep thing.

Yes I got a negative on one post and for the life of me I can't figure out what I said. It has been mind boggling. :confused: The rest were positive.

I wish the whole thing is dropped!! That is why I have been staying away from controversial subjects including one where I upset the op by saying something so I apologized and bowed out of the conversation. I didn't get a negative from that one. It was the one that I can't figure out why.

Holly

Yes I got a negative on one post and for the life of me I can't figure out what I said. It has been mind boggling. :confused: The rest were positive.

I wish the whole thing is dropped!! That is why I have been staying away from controversial subjects including one where I upset the op by saying something so I apologized and bowed out of the conversation...

This isn't meant to be snarky, but why does it even matter? So what if someone is pointlessly giving you a bad rep? The points just don't matter. I posted this somewhere else too-rep points from this board have no impact on real life. Don't stifle yourself because of some bozo! (as long as you are *nice* about it.)