Menu

2/17 Running/Exercise

Way to go, Colleen!

I worked out yesterday, but my knees were so sore I couldn't even do my cardio on the eliptical. I did 30 minutes on the recumbant bike, but never got my heart rate over 125. I also did some upper body weight training which felt great.

I skipped my workout this morning and did 3 hours of intense housework from 5-8am. That has to count for something.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

I'm focusing more on strength training the last two weeks. My runs are shorter. I did 1 hour of the strength training videos (ouch!) and I hope to run as soon as dh comes home - maybe 2 - 3 miles just to get in the added cardio.

Great runs Colleen!! How's your back been?

Ferdie - Heck yea! Housework counts!! On Saturday I counted putting up wainscotting in my boys' room as exercise because I kept getting into a squat position.

My legs not working right. Last time I was having and egg every morning. I think due to that, I was getting more protein. Protein is what repairs the muscles. I know this stuff. I'm just not applying it! So I ate more at lunch than is usual. I'll buy eggs and start those with breakfast tomorrow. I know I won't get immediate results, but if I can run fine soonish, I'll be happy! I know my legs were achy last time, but I don't remember them not working well.

What I mean is this: I know when I'm running, even when I'm running slowly, that if someone attacks me, I have a burst of speed. It's enough to get away from someone. It's also enough to get across a street if I suddenly see a car when I'm midway out. Right now it's not there. I run in safe places so it's not an issue but it is there in my head.

Anyway, today was another short run. Then I even cut it short. But it still turned out to be almost 4 miles anyway! And the unexpected time on the mulch was great! My legs almost felt normal.

Time Taken: 00:45:27

Total Distance: 3.92 mi.

Burned: 406 (kcal)

Pace: 11:34 (avg)

Speed: 5.17 (mi/hr) (avg)